Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Presumably PSG we’re focusing on last night and now they are out will be heading to Selhurst to secure the missing piece to dominate in Europe

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They may have the measure of the Zaha situation, but they haven't got the measure of the transfer window - their 'complete' list of completed transfers in this transfer window didn't notice Lallana moving from Liverpool to Brighton!

Well it’s hardly big news is it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have to wonder how motivated he is these days to keep turning out for them. He's never going to play in Europe, he's never going to win anything, he goes in to training and dear old Roy is still there with his wordsearch, dribbling in his bath chair in the corner waiting for his carer. And to top it all, he has to rock up in a dismal, rotting south London slum every other week to dress up in a jesters outfit, and perform in front of a bunch dead-eyed slack-jawed mouthbreathers. Palace have filled his pockets, but drained his soul. He'll never play for a proper club now, and the realisation of that must be crushing. I almost feel sorry for him.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
You have to wonder how motivated he is these days to keep turning out for them. He's never going to play in Europe, he's never going to win anything, he goes in to training and dear old Roy is still there with his wordsearch, dribbling in his bath chair in the corner waiting for his carer. And to top it all, he has to rock up in a dismal, rotting south London slum every other week to dress up in a jesters outfit, and perform in front of a bunch dead-eyed slack-jawed mouthbreathers. Palace have filled his pockets, but drained his soul. He'll never play for a proper club now, and the realisation of that must be crushing. I almost feel sorry for him.

Indeed that ship has sailed

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Indeed that ship has sailed

Indeed, and the most annoying thing for him is, he actually had a first class ticket and boarded the boat briefly before they realised they had a show pony and not a stallion they were sold, so rather than knuckle down, he pranced around and made a stink and got sent home, not before they screwed any future move he wanted by smacking a hefty sell on clause...

He played with the big boys, and couldn’t hack it....

He’s just a one trick pony now, a wasted talent in many ways, to think how good he could have been if he had stuck it out or had a decent manager at a bigger club.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2

Almost yes....but not quite

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Not at all. If he hadn't been so greedy, signing new contracts when he knew he wanted out, then he'd be a free agent now (or indeed, last summer when there was the smallest sniff of interest).

This is the bed he made, he can fall over in it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Indeed, and the most annoying thing for him is, he actually had a first class ticket and boarded the boat briefly before they realised they had a show pony and not a stallion they were sold, so rather than knuckle down, he pranced around and made a stink and got sent home, not before they screwed any future move he wanted by smacking a hefty sell on clause...

He played with the big boys, and couldn’t hack it....

He’s just a one trick pony now, a wasted talent in many ways, to think how good he could have been if he had stuck it out or had a decent manager at a bigger club.

What a great post.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Palace really should’ve sold him a year or two ago - was obvious at the time.

It’s turned into a lose-lose scenario.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Cant see them getting more than £30million for him now... His goalscoring record isnt good enough to warrant the figures they originally wanted.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Palace really should’ve sold him a year or two ago - was obvious at the time.

It’s turned into a lose-lose scenario.

Totally disagree I think Parish has been quite astute with managing Zaha and his agent.

He slapped an absurd valuation on Zaha knowing that he was contracted to the club on a huge wage.

Zaha has kept Palarse up and ultimately was and is worth more to them than any other club.

For me it's a win-win scenario for them up the road unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here