Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Various statements made by Potter, the club itself, Biss and knowing the clubs ultimate goal.

It ultimately won’t be Potter’s decision but surprised if he doesn’t put up a bit of a fight to keep him. If the club’s goal is to compete around halfway, isn’t Biss the type of player you try to keep?

I’m feeling like he’s a bit over hyped, and I’m not sure whether the type of bid to make Bloom blink will come in.

Time will tell of course, and you may well be right, but I’m nowhere near as certain in such uncertain times.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My opinion is unchanged from earlier in the season.
I think he’s definitely going. And I don’t fear it, this is the sustainable model we want. We have other talent coming through.
I trust the club to get a great deal for us and the more clubs interested the better.

I don't fear it, I just doubt we will get the offers we need to sell him.
Anything below £40m shouldn't be considered IMO, particularly for a Premier League club.

But if we get >£40m then fair play, Caceido/Moder should be able to fill his position to a decent standard.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't think there will be silly money thrown about this summer. I also don't think Biss going is a foregone conclusion either. Tony has had players itching for big moves before, and he's played them with a straight bat. Bissouma might have just as much value to us even getting 2 more years out of him then selling him on. TB will know it will be £20m to bring a suitable replacement candidate in with potential. So anything below £40m isn't going to make him blink, especially if £30m for White was knocked back. I suspect it will take £50m+ and I don't think many of the big clubs are going to be banding about that kind of cash on unproven players, and what I mean by unproven is those without CL experience.

:facepalm: TB already has spent £20M to bring in suitable replacement candidates, full internationals like Moder, Caicedo, Mac Allister and Alzate. He hasn't spent £20M+ to have them warming the bench and being loaned out to Peterborough! It's called succession policy.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
:facepalm: TB already has spent £20M to bring in suitable replacement candidates, full internationals like Moder, Caicedo, Mac Allister and Alzate. He hasn't spent £20M+ to have them warming the bench and being loaned out to Peterborough! It's called succession policy.

I agree we have two or three players who have already been waiting on the sidelines for this chance. They may prove to be better than Bissouma or nowhere near as good but we have replacements for him. I dont think Yves is the finished product yet but hasn't he improved since he first come on the scene. He was a bit of a liability in midfield giving the ball away in dangerous positions but he has almost eradicated this part of his game.......now on to bigger fish where he can prove he is one of the best players in Europe. Yes i think he is that good and so do (allegedly) Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and a host of other clubs.
Would be very surprised to see him in Brighton shirt next season. Nothing to fear in his departure we may have unearthed another gem.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 years left on his contract means he will probably be sold this year if the valuation is met.

Hopefully that valuation is north of £40m because that is his worth. Market conditions are tough but top quality players are tough to find too. If not another 12 months here and a sale of £20-25m next summer is not the end of the world and I would expect that to be the club stance. Succession planning is all very well and essential but ultimately a waste of time if you sell the asset cheaply anyway. Given the teams linked and the performances put in I would be surprised if we do not get our price or close.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
2 years left on his contract means he will probably be sold this year if the valuation is met.

Hopefully that valuation is north of £40m because that is his worth. Market conditions are tough but top quality players are tough to find too. If not another 12 months here and a sale of £20-25m next summer is not the end of the world and I would expect that to be the club stance. Succession planning is all very well and essential but ultimately a waste of time if you sell the asset cheaply anyway. Given the teams linked and the performances put in I would be surprised if we do not get our price or close.

Agree. What if the club give him a fantastic new contract - probably six-figures a week - and he goes on to have an even better season as the best ball-winning midfielder in the Premier League (and still only 25). What's the bloke worth then when post-covid football finances have stabilised? Really surprised that so many people are throwing in the towel with Bissouma. He's not overhyped - he's a fabulous top table European talent who is contracted to our club. State sponsored/Oligarch-controlled clubs need only apply. So want us to keep Bissouma - special, special talent. And Arsenal can **** right off - the Kroenkes don't have the finances or wherewithal to get and improve Yves,

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Was the facepalm for yourself? I'm thinking it must be if you believe we're going to aim to kick on and one of those 4 is the regular replacement for Bissouma, at least 1 of whom is nowhere near in the defensive midfielder catagory and another who is still 19 and only appearances in football to date is playing in the Ecuadorian league 25 times.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was the facepalm for yourself? I'm thinking it must be if you believe we're going to aim to kick on and one of those 4 is the regular replacement for Bissouma, at least 1 of whom is nowhere near in the defensive midfielder catagory and another who is still 19 and only appearances in football to date is playing in the Ecuadorian league 25 times.

The facepalm was for you.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think the issue here is that Yves wants to go, to test himself at the highest level. I'm pretty sure we would have offered him a new contract but this has been declined. I also think that Arsenal probably tried to sign him in January, and we rejected the offer. We have had to manage Yves through to the end of the season with the understanding that so long as clubs meet our valuation, he can go in the summer window. The PR from the club suggests he's going. Reports elsewhere suggest he's going.
I may be wrong of course, but this is my hunch.
So as an Albion fan who saw Dean Saunders sold for around £50k, I want our club to get as much for Yves as we can.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Agree. What if the club give him a fantastic new contract - probably six-figures a week - and he goes on to have an even better season as the best ball-winning midfielder in the Premier League (and still only 25). What's the bloke worth then when post-covid football finances have stabilised? Really surprised that so many people are throwing in the towel with Bissouma. He's not overhyped - he's a fabulous top table European talent who is contracted to our club. State sponsored/Oligarch-controlled clubs need only apply. So want us to keep Bissouma - special, special talent. And Arsenal can **** right off - the Kroenkes don't have the finances or wherewithal to get and improve Yves,

Think that is partly the point re succession planning. Right now its difficult for us to resist a decent bid for a player everything is against us.
Bosman means a depreciating asset. We cannot easily afford to pay £100k a week and that means a contract extension is unlikely eventually you take the best offer you can get if the player won't extend his contract.

If we can establish a few good value sales with replacements sourced cheaply that get close to or exceed the ability of the previous player. This frees funds to increase wages for the players we would struggle to replace. Leicester have done this very well with the sales of Maguire, Chilwell and Kante the funds raised have enabled them to pay the likes of Vardy £80k a week and still recruit good players like Tielemans for good fees and contracts.

If we can sell some good players on our terms while replacing them without too much pain, we can increase our budgets and both attract better players and retain more quality. This hopefully leads to better league positions, prize money etc. new sales and becomes a virtuous circle...

Sounds easy when you put it like that :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would say we can be 90% certain he is going.

The only obstacle could be clubs such as Arsenal and Liverpool being unable or unwilling to pay what we are demanding, but if rumours are true Man Utd are interested, and they'll probably be willing to fork out the reported £40m if they genuinely rate him highly.

I would imagine Biss always saw us as a stepping stone, similar to all the other young prospects joining us.

No-one should get annoyed with this as and when it happens (some of course will) - it's really a good thing. As well as being hugely profitable (we'll double our money on Biss and he was, for us, an expensive buy), we actually need to let one or two go on to bigger clubs to show we're part of that pathway for an ambitious player who is capable of performing at the very top and we aren't going to stand in their way. If, like Biss, we get a couple of brilliant years out of them as they pass through then everyone's a winner.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I would say we can be 90% certain he is going.

The only obstacle could be clubs such as Arsenal and Liverpool being unable or unwilling to pay what we are demanding, but if rumours are true Man Utd are interested, and they'll probably be willing to fork out the reported £40m if they genuinely rate him highly.

I would imagine Biss always saw us as a stepping stone, similar to all the other young prospects joining us.

Well, if Man Utd can spend £50m on Fred, anything is possible!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Think that is partly the point re succession planning. Right now its difficult for us to resist a decent bid for a player everything is against us.
Bosman means a depreciating asset. We cannot easily afford to pay £100k a week and that means a contract extension is unlikely eventually you take the best offer you can get if the player won't extend his contract.

If we can establish a few good value sales with replacements sourced cheaply that get close to or exceed the ability of the previous player. This frees funds to increase wages for the players we would struggle to replace. Leicester have done this very well with the sales of Maguire, Chilwell and Kante the funds raised have enabled them to pay the likes of Vardy £80k a week and still recruit good players like Tielemans for good fees and contracts.

If we can sell some good players on our terms while replacing them without too much pain, we can increase our budgets and both attract better players and retain more quality. This hopefully leads to better league positions, prize money etc. new sales and becomes a virtuous circle...

Sounds easy when you put it like that :lolol:

Leicester have done this brilliantly. They have bought in excellent young players that give them a very dynamic team. £80m for Maguire was a master stroke in terms of sales out.
You get players in who are at the stage of their careers where they are really hungry for success, not overly expensive salary wise, and their resale value should be higher. Obviously there's risk involved too. Eg Ali J.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
There's a good chance he'll go, i think that's fair to say. And the sad thing is we've missed out on seeing one of the very best Brighton players ever in the flesh. His performative since the start of the first lockdown have been immense, a shame its not been in front of a full stadium

Let's hope that the dramatic jump in the quality of his performance (or performative if you insist) is not linked to being able to play more freely without fans on his back..... It will be interesting to see if he keeps this up, same for Solly and Webster, in front of our moaners.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not crying, you're crying

Luckily most are now aware he’s much better than Pogba - that’s the leagues most expensive signing or whatever he is... literally is better!

Mind you Dale Stephens bossed Pogba twice at the Amex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here