Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
squad may all be in brum on way to St Georges Park for a couple of days possibly - would take about an hour by coach into Leicester from there

They left almost 2 years ago. :ohmy:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Since he’s taken on Dale Stephens place he’s taken his opportunity with both hands. Very strong consistent performances, and the highlights clip above, if this were a Man U, Chelsea or even Arsenal player Match Of The Day would have singled him out and sung his praises.

Glad to see him do well tho, i thought he showed a lot of promise even under Hughton as well.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Give us a wave Yves!

58ACF0B5-E129-45EB-BA6E-DB053BD039CA.jpeg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We have an absolute monster of a player on our hands here. Enjoy watching him because I think we can hope to keep hold of him for another 12-18 months max before a £30M+ bid comes in from one of the top 6.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
When he hits form he is an excellent player. When he first came here he was good and a liability in equal measures.
Now he is up to speed he can be excellent and seems less of a risk defensively. I still think his best game was in the 3-1 v Palace, ten men game. He was awesome that day, so much effort that game, he was everywhere. Exciting prospect and improving all the time.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He’s always clearly had bundles of talent but it always seemed under Hughton that he lacked direction and discipline (not a dig at CH). Some games Bissouma would be the deepest of our midfield players and would be shackled as a holding midfielder and sometimes he’d be roaming around taking pot shots and trying to dribble past the entire opposing team. When he was good he’d be the best player on the pitch, when he was bad he’d stink the place out. However I’ve always felt he has the highest ceiling in the squad.

Potter seems to have given him a more defined role, explained his purpose in the team and now we’re seeing the results. He’s an absolute monster and he’s always a horrible niggly b*stard to play against. He was very lucky not to get booked on Saturday, he racked up 7 fouls but we need someone like that. One of our most important players IMO.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Stephens won’t be getting his place back in a normal world but potter likes to mix things up.

At least I can say he retweeted one of my tweets when he turns into a 80m player if he adds goals to
Games.

0a6314134f2139297fc297e86788848c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He’s always clearly had bundles of talent but it always seemed under Hughton that he lacked direction and discipline (not a dig at CH). Some games Bissouma would be the deepest of our midfield players and would be shackled as a holding midfielder and sometimes he’d be roaming around taking pot shots and trying to dribble past the entire opposing team. When he was good he’d be the best player on the pitch, when he was bad he’d stink the place out. However I’ve always felt he has the highest ceiling in the squad.

Potter seems to have given him a more defined role, explained his purpose in the team and now we’re seeing the results. He’s an absolute monster and he’s always a horrible niggly b*stard to play against. He was very lucky not to get booked on Saturday, he racked up 7 fouls but we need someone like that. One of our most important players IMO.

He was very young when first here under CH - at that time he was getting game time but wasn't ready to displace Stephens or Propper so was filling in around them.

As he gets more experienced, so he can be given more responsibility. Potter has continued to bring him on gradually, when he first started him due to Stephens unavailability, like at Palace away, it was undeniably Propper who took the Stephens role. But it looked on Saturday like Bissouma was more in that role, and these consecutive starts probably indicates a changing of the guard.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I’m pretty sure when anyone has a good couple of games for us, there’s always some posts along the lines of “enjoy him while we can, he’ll not be here for too much longer, he’s too good for us”! I seem to recall some similar posts when Trossard begun the start of this season well. Bissouma is a good player, a bit raw when he came to us and always seemed to have a mistake in him from my perspective. He seems to be maturing and his last two games have certainly been impressive, although I would say he was perhaps quite fortunate not to be yellow carded on Saturday which may have tempered his eager breaking up of the play!

He and Maupay did seem to be sharper/fitter than everyone else in the squad too, but hoping that was just a first game back thing, and some of the others will soon catch up.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Having watched him very closely in the last 3 games, I don't think it will be long before big clubs will come calling.
Good coaching is clearly having an effect. The stats talk of the more destructive part of this game but the critical thing he can do better than all our other midfielders and most in the premiership is beat the press. We will do well to keep hold of him.
I think he's our most valuable player in the current market.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having watched him very closely in the last 3 games, I don't think it will be long before big clubs will come calling.
Good coaching is clearly having an effect. The stats talk of the more destructive part of this game but the critical thing he can do better than all our other midfielders and most in the premiership is beat the press. We will do well to keep hold of him.

He always had enormous raw talent and great potential. There has been some very odd criticisms of him over the years around not scoring enough goals.

For me, the question is, how close can he get to Kante’s level?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Maybe he also needed time to settle within the new country, division, team and management.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He always had enormous raw talent and great potential. There has been some very odd criticisms of him over the years around not scoring enough goals.

For me, the question is, how close can he get to Kante’s level?

He's too tall.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Up until few weeks ago subject to sorting out his shooting thought he would be 10 goal a season play but now seems to have changed role. No longer moan about his shooting because he doesnt have any.

Up until few weeks ago subject to sorting out his shooting thought he would be 10 goal a season play but now seems to have changed role. No longer moan about his shooting because he doesnt have any.

He did have one at the start of the second half against Arsenal - they are still looking for the ball !

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Top, top player and every time we play someone who a mate supports, they message me to tell me how impressed they are by him. Our best central midfielder by a distance imo - or at least the one with the highest ceiling by a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports