Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Need to get this one over the line... has a release clause, wants to come... just get it done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need to get this one over the line... has a release clause, wants to come... just get it done...

Does he? Last I heard he was having a whinge about broken promises from his club re wages? Not quite the same as wanting to come. Please show me the link that says he wants to come

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The Albion is probably waiting until the pound moves up a little so the exchange rate is better. When it comes to millions, every cent counts.

Tony and i, both, and i'm not spending millions but having to spend over a quid for a bottle of Mahou since the Brexit vote is a pain :lol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Does he? Last I heard he was having a whinge about broken promises from his club re wages? Not quite the same as wanting to come. Please show me the link that says he wants to come

You’re right. I was reading between the lines. Pretty obvious he wants out though, and totally coincidental that it happened as we bid, of course! [emoji6]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Where is YEN!!??

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Albion is probably waiting until the pound moves up a little so the exchange rate is better. When it comes to millions, every cent counts.

The window will be closed well before October 31

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not trying to have a dig at you, but are you not aware TSB is on a windup with this constant criticism/negativity towards the club?

Or he is just a tw@t...

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I was struggling to get my head around why we didn't just trigger his release clause in his contract and get the player in, and stumbled across this website (which makes for very interesting reading):

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/News...y-how-do-release-clauses-work/1837585052.html

The interesting paragraphs relating to Spanish buy-out clauses may help explain why this transfer has been so protracted:

"Now comes the tricky part, especially where clubs based outside of Spain are concerned. You see, these clauses are binding only with respect to other Spanish Clubs. If Atletico Madrid decide that Carlos Bacca of Sevilla is a good bet (he is), all they have to do is make this fact known to Sevilla, deposit the amount stipulated in his clause with the LFP (Liga Football Primera, the league's governing body) and, if Carlos is happy, off he pops to the Capital. If, on the other hand, Arsenal are interested in securing Carlos' services, then the matter is different.

In THAT Case, the clause does not apply between clubs as it does in the case of an all-Spanish transfer. Instead, it applies between the player and his current club. Two things can then happen: the selling club can deal anyway (often there is a gentleman's agreement between club and player to this effect) and accept the offer. For tax reasons, this means accepting a little less than they are otherwise entitled to. No problem there, then. If the selling club plays hardball, things get a little tricky.

If the selling club decides they don't want to sell, an impasse is reached. If they want the full value of the clause, they can insist that the buying club make an offer of the buyout clause + VAT. Obviously, this whacks somewhere in the region of 20% on the bottom line of the deal for the buyer. Still, they pays their money and they gets their man. However, this still requires the selling club to ACCEPT their offer."

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I was struggling to get my head around why we didn't just trigger his release clause in his contract and get the player in, and stumbled across this website (which makes for very interesting reading):

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/News...y-how-do-release-clauses-work/1837585052.html

The interesting paragraphs relating to Spanish buy-out clauses may help explain why this transfer has been so protracted:

"Now comes the tricky part, especially where clubs based outside of Spain are concerned. You see, these clauses are binding only with respect to other Spanish Clubs. If Atletico Madrid decide that Carlos Bacca of Sevilla is a good bet (he is), all they have to do is make this fact known to Sevilla, deposit the amount stipulated in his clause with the LFP (Liga Football Primera, the league's governing body) and, if Carlos is happy, off he pops to the Capital. If, on the other hand, Arsenal are interested in securing Carlos' services, then the matter is different.

In THAT Case, the clause does not apply between clubs as it does in the case of an all-Spanish transfer. Instead, it applies between the player and his current club. Two things can then happen: the selling club can deal anyway (often there is a gentleman's agreement between club and player to this effect) and accept the offer. For tax reasons, this means accepting a little less than they are otherwise entitled to. No problem there, then. If the selling club plays hardball, things get a little tricky.

If the selling club decides they don't want to sell, an impasse is reached. If they want the full value of the clause, they can insist that the buying club make an offer of the buyout clause + VAT. Obviously, this whacks somewhere in the region of 20% on the bottom line of the deal for the buyer. Still, they pays their money and they gets their man. However, this still requires the selling club to ACCEPT their offer."

Wow! That is crazy. Is it legal? Seems a bit discriminatory to foreign (to Spain) clubs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here