Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You're not a real fan unless..."

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
You don't have to have been anywhere, seen or said anything.
It's just how much a result affects your mood afterwards that indicates how real a fan you are, how much it matters to you. It's something intrinsic, from the inside that cannot be created, given, earned, bought or sold.
Oh just checked ... I could be heading for another depressive episode this evening.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You've seen 9 straight home defeats at Priestfield
Bobby Zamora has bought you a drink
You have Wardys no8 Goldstone coat hook in your hallway
You have seen Warren Aspinall dance past 5 to score the only goal at Carlisle
Robert Codnor has said you are 'his only fan' to you
Know this season is just one of 70 and not the end of the World whatever happens
Any weekend is happier when Brighton win AND Palace lose

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
You're not a real fan unless you support the club the way I tell you you should.

There, I've said it.

Jan 30, 2008
Was pissed in the pub last night and conversing with fellow Albion fans. We were reminiscing on earlier Albion supporting days (most of us early 20s, I hasten to add) and got thinking about pointless knowledge that you would expect other Albion supporters to know before they can be considered 'real' fans. Before the bed wetting brigade jump on this, it was all tongue in cheek and I'm not suggesting that if you don't know Federico Turienzo then you aren't really a supporter.

But back on topic, what would you expect to bring up in an Albion related conversation and not be stared at like a loon? Scott McGleish and the 'Withdean screamer' were a couple that featured last night.
Drinking in the Mitre and the Crescent might get a mention
regards
DR

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You know why sneaky George got that nickname - and were there when it happened.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
unless you want another Welshman in the dressing room,is ex palace and does long ball?

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Was pissed in the pub last night and conversing with fellow Albion fans. We were reminiscing on earlier Albion supporting days (most of us early 20s, I hasten to add) and got thinking about pointless knowledge that you would expect other Albion supporters to know before they can be considered 'real' fans. Before the bed wetting brigade jump on this, it was all tongue in cheek and I'm not suggesting that if you don't know Federico Turienzo then you aren't really a supporter.

But back on topic, what would you expect to bring up in an Albion related conversation and not be stared at like a loon? Scott McGleish and the 'Withdean screamer' were a couple that featured last night.

What year and who changed the club's name?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here