Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You're not a real fan unless..."

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Robbie Reinelt 1997 goal against Hereford United

This big time! Every true fan will understand this as one of the most pivotal moments in our history and how that day we were looking into the abyss. Forget my wedding day the sick nervous feeling in my stomach at half time can never be equalled.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You are not a real fan until you have been to sunderland in the wind and rain and freezing wind and been chased away from the ground by fecking big skinheads wanting to kill you.
... and Scunthorpe, and Peterborough, and Leeds, and Oldham, and Rochdale, and Halifax (Good Lord deliver us!!!), and Hull, etc, etc, etc.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
... and Scunthorpe, and Peterborough, and Leeds, and Oldham, and Rochdale, and Halifax (Good Lord deliver us!!!), and Hull, etc, etc, etc.

Or if you were half way up the M1 for the first game before you heard it was called off, at least for the next postponement we heard about it in time to call off the trip.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You went to Newcastle for a match that was postponed on the day.

But you were already in Newcastle when you found out....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This big time! Every true fan will understand this as one of the most pivotal moments in our history and how that day we were looking into the abyss. Forget my wedding day the sick nervous feeling in my stomach at half time can never be equalled.

That game is head and shoulders the biggest game i can remember,i went by coach (god what a journey and hell of a place to get to) the relief at full time was something i will never forget...

Call me wierd but i felt a Pheonix leave the ground and pass through me that day,it travelled up my legs through my body and out of my head.....i'd had a lot to drink mind.

There was a ban on drinking if i remember within 20 miles of the town or something,cannot remember where we were before the game,but on the way back we stopped off in Yeovil and was in the main town square when one off our group saw Albion on a telly in a pub,we all rushed to have a look and the bouncers thought we were going to do the pub over...

Getting out of Hereford we nearly got caught up in some drama but fotunately the traffic lights changed..

Also remember looking over the wall of the ground in the corner next to where Albion had half of a side seated stand too at half time to see many fans outside and some skirmishes,talk was of Westham and Pompey had come up for the day out..

a great day....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You went to Newcastle for a match that was postponed on the day.

But you were already in Newcastle when you found out....

Or were in Halifax for the game with hotel booked and the whilst in the pub heard that ref had called off game 20 mins before kick off due to waterlogged pitch.

D

Deleted User X18H

You went to the Albion v New Zealand friendly on at Monday night in 1982

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Or were in Halifax for the game with hotel booked and the whilst in the pub heard that ref had called off game 20 mins before kick off due to waterlogged pitch.

I was in the car setting off for that match, but thankfully decided not to take the risk.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Roker Park on a Tuesday night in 1983, 3 days after winning FA Cup Semi, 1-1 draw Gordon Smith.
About 60 Bha fans on the terraces!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here