Votes: 61 19.9%
  • Let him go

Votes: 245 80.1%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is Dunky waves him through and Sanchez brings him down for a penalty & red card?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Utterly unfair to judge this one from the comfort of our sofas. Lewis Dunk is the genuine Albion All Or Nothing. Lewis Dunk :bowdown:

Split second decision to pull a shirt or split second decision to swear at the referee, after being kicked and fouled with no justice from the referee?
Unfair to judge from our sofas.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would have been right decision if <10 minutes to play, but not with 40 minutes.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Let him go and hope he misses. There was too much time left to hold out, and we were never going to defend a one goal lead for that long (which is why the chances we spurned in the first half cost us dear).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think the red was a bit harsh but obviously its a poor decision from Dunk and he knew it immediatly. Shit happens though, better defenders than him have made worse decisions than that over the years. Forget and move on.

Harsh? Not really. It was as clear a red card as you will ever see.
If you are saying the rule is harsh. Maybe.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Harsh? Not really. It was as clear a red card as you will ever see.
If you are saying the rule is harsh. Maybe.

It was a clear red according to the rule book but the rule is harsh and there would have been quite a few players who would have kept running instead of looking for that red and then I'm not sure anything would have happened.

Ultimately its a poor decision by Dunk though. But shit happens, everyone makes mistakes.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Let him go.. If you pull him back its definite red card, and suspended from following games, and even through you've stopped a goal scoring chance we'll be down to 10 men and Wolves will probably score anyway. If you let him go the striker might score, but also might not, and at worst its just 1-1.

If we were winning 1-0 in the last few minutes and desperately needed the win then you might pull him back, but not in that scenario,

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It was a clear red according to the rule book but the rule is harsh and there would have been quite a few players who would have kept running instead of looking for that red and then I'm not sure anything would have happened.

Ultimately its a poor decision by Dunk though. But shit happens, everyone makes mistakes.

I remember a similar situation from my own playing days. I was a right back, and inadvertently caught a ball that was going past me , through to the striker. I was booked.
I was told afterwards that I was the first under-14s B-team player at my school to get a yellow.
Now in many ways Lewis Dunk is a superior player to teenage me but the principle may be the same. Pure instinct, born out of annoyance and desperation.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I remember a similar situation from my own playing days. I was a right back, and inadvertently caught a ball that was going past me , through to the striker. I was booked.
I was told afterwards that I was the first under-14s B-team player at my school to get a yellow.
Now in many ways Lewis Dunk is a superior player but the principle may be the same. Pure instinct, born out of annoyance and desperation.

Yup.

Fair play to Vitinha with the dirty, dirty through ball that put Dunk in that situation.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
74th minute ...pull him back

54th minute ... let him go.

35 minutes of constant pressure killed us.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yup.

Fair play to Vitinha with the dirty, dirty through ball that put Dunk in that situation.

Yeah, a deadly counter.
I enjoyed your post about Traore, earlier btw. 😂
He ALWAYS saves his season’s best for us.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

The rule book is not harsh on this issue. Everyone likes seeing goals in a game, and if this had happened to a Wolves player in the same situation, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are judging him because you don’t like him, not because of what he did.
I remember Gary Hart getting sent off at Withdean for swearing but you never called him a whining bitch.

There's no defending Maupay today for what he did. Gobbing off at the ref after the final whistle to the point where he sends him off is highly enriched radioactive weapons-grade IDIOCY of the highest level. It is off the charts stupidity, and I hope the club fine him 2 weeks wages as well, being as he's going to be sat in the stands picking peanuts out of poo for a couple of games, instead of being onhand to help get us over the line to stay in the division.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In hindsight he should have let him go, but when it happened my first reaction was he did the right thing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A lot of bollocks on here. If he’d have had two minutes to ask the referee how long was left, have a look at Sanchez’s positioning and weigh it up he might have let him go. Sadly, not chess, so he made a mistake in a split second with instinct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here