• Pull him back

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • Let him go

Votes: 245 80.1%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im against shitty shirt pulling no matter who from. there's a good chance the forward scuffs a shot, or just have faith in Sanchez to save.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But that was never, ever going to happen. We are rubbish with 10 men.

Come on Stat, you know as well as I do, we lost that game the moment Dunk did that. We are an excellent football side and drilled fantastically well but mentally we are a bit weak and never react well to going a man down, or missing a penalty, good chance etc. We are nothing if not predictable.

Not for the first time the opposition have started the second half and easily counteracted all the good but unproductive work in the first 45mins.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well the fact that there is no consensus at all here, an hour after the event says to me, that in the split second he had to make the decision, neither option was wrong.

He was weighing two risks and didn't have hindsight.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That early in the game you have to let him go, especially as it's by no means certain he would score. You leave your team a man short and you're banned for two games. .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But they also started the first half well and we them totally negated them. I felt exactly the same thing was happening second half until Dunk did that.

They didn't start the game so well that their centre forward could be so easily put through past all our defenders.

I don't think this team will ever negate another all the time we don't score and crack under pressure.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well the fact that there is no consensus at all here, an hour after the event says to me, that in the split second he had to make the decision, neither option was wrong.

He was weighing two risks and didn't have hindsight.

There does appear to be a fairly strong consensus here that Lewis was wrong to do it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think logical thinking plays any part here, you make your decision and live with it - Dunk has more in the bank than any other player out there...

Yes and no. 7 red cards in 4 seasons in the PL isn’t a great record, especially for our captain

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think the red was a bit harsh but obviously its a poor decision from Dunk and he knew it immediatly. Shit happens though, better defenders than him have made worse decisions than that over the years. Forget and move on.

In no way is that a harsh red. You could play that video at a referees training course as a text book example of 'deliberately preventing a goal scoring opportunity'.

Red all day long.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fall over and "ACCIDENTLY" push the player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here