Votes: 61 19.9%
  • Let him go

Votes: 245 80.1%

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think the red was a bit harsh but obviously its a poor decision from Dunk and he knew it immediatly. Shit happens though, better defenders than him have made worse decisions than that over the years. Forget and move on.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
This is why he doesn't play for England. 7 reds in the prem shows his mentality just isn't good enough

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha, had Brighton won 0-1 everyone saying let him through would now be saying 'dunk was right to do it'.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Let him go!!

Absolutely ludicrous decision, we all knew we’d lost that game the moment he did that.

IF Silva had scored, which there was absolutely no guarantee he would have, I would have stilll massively backed us to get the winner, like we did against Southampton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ha, had Brighton won 0-1 everyone saying let him through would now be saying 'dunk was right to do it'.

Yea. But that didn’t happen did it so it’s the wrong thing to do. Especially with 40 minutes left

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let him go.

He’d still have the goalie to beat. With 11 Albion players playing, a Wolves win would by no means be probable.

Dunk:

- Handed Wolves 40 minutes to score goals, they did. Zero points to the Albion, we stay deservedly rooted in the bottom 6.
- He now misses a game, so we lose our defensive kingpin for almost a game and a half.

In the modern era naive to say the least for an experienced pro, with VAR, just stupid

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

But that was never, ever going to happen. We are rubbish with 10 men.

Come on Stat, you know as well as I do, we lost that game the moment Dunk did that. We are an excellent football side and drilled fantastically well but mentally we are a bit weak and never react well to going a man down, or missing a penalty, good chance etc. We are nothing if not predictable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let him go.

He’d still have the goalie to beat. With 11 Albion players playing, a Wolves win would by no means be probable.

Dunk:

- Handed Wolves 40 minutes to score goals, they did. Zero points to the Albion, we stay deservedly rooted in the bottom 6.
- He now misses a game, so we lose our defensive kingpin for almost a game and a half.

In the modern era naive to say the least for an experienced pro, with VAR, just stupid

Misses 2 games ! Which makes it even worse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yea. But that didn’t happen did it so it’s the wrong thing to do. Especially with 40 minutes left

The question isn't 'You're Lewis Dunk, in hindsight what would you do'.

My point is many are answering that question and I firmly believe their answers would be different depending on which is right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon there’s a good chance Sanchez would’ve saved it as that young lad is not confident. Either way, he scores and we are level with 11 v 11 and can go on to put our dominance on the game we were totally bossing. Wrong decision, Lewis knows that too, and now he’s out for last 3 too and a big blow for us getting points. Luckily we’re safe (well we are) and it matters little compared to if this was early on in season. Got to learn from these mistakes and stop doing them - better game management needed.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'd have taken the ball off him Bissouma stylee and then gone on a run. Nobody can say for sure, but I probably would have dribbled my way into the Wolves box and scored a Worldy too.

:goal:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Depends on the stage of the game for me. In this instance, you let the player go. There is a chance Sanchez might have saved it, or he might even have missed, but even if he'd scored, there was plenty of time left to pull it back.

On the other hand, with less than 5 minutes to go, yes, make the foul.

I won't advocate fouling a man, but if Dunk is going to foul then yes, at the end of a game, that's the time to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here