Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You're just a shit Crystal Palace"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't hear it during the game, but it was booming out of the South Stand concourse after the game.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
It was an embarrassing chant which I and around 50% of our other fans didn't join in with, largely due to the fact it doesn't even make any sense. If a club sang "you're just a shit Fulham" or a variation of that which scanned at us, I'd be nonplussed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Brentford fans thought they were being clever, but failed to realise that their chant was guilty of semantic pleonasm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleonasm

Its grammatically incorrect to say black darkness, big giant or shit Crystal Palace as the descriptor is made redundant by the very nature of the thing being described.
That is so very true. Why oh why can't football supporters learn proper grammar?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Shame they couldn't fill their away allocation. 70 mile journey must have been too much for them.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Was that the first time ever an opposition team has managed to acknowledge who our most hated rivals are and goad us with it? Certainly is in my time of going to matches. Had to applaud the Brentford fans in a way for their footballing wisdom.

Normally when I'm recognised as an Albion fan on the road I get stuff sung at me about Portsmouth and Southampton.

Well as someone who was in the Brentford entourage yesterday, I suspect this was their way of reminding you of the events of 13th May 2013. That irony would not have been lost on at least one Albion player, who seemed to me to be frankly the whole match going through the motions (titter).

Somewhat iroincally the one Palace player most stirred up that day returned to his best form at the Riverside yesterday afternoon. If Brighton had matched that result earlier this year, they would have been facing Palace yesterday in the drizzle, not Brentford. Aaaah..

Moderating note: This user has been issued a warning for this trolling post. Due to previous warnings, this has resulted in an automatic posting ban being imposed which will last for 7 days. This user has also been banned from this thread and will not be able to post to it when the posting ban expires.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Tautology innit.

A bit like "Albion in the Premiership" is Dreamology.

Moderating note: This user has been issued a warning for this trolling post. Due to previous warnings, this has resulted in an automatic posting ban being imposed which will last for 7 days. This user has also been banned from this thread and will not be able to post to it when the posting ban expires.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Well as someone who was in the Brentford entourage yesterday, I suspect this was their way of reminding you of the events of 13th May 2013. That irony would not have been lost on at least one Albion player, who seemed to me to be frankly the whole match going through the motions (titter).

Somewhat iroincally the one Palace player most stirred up that day returned to his best form at the Riverside yesterday afternoon. If Brighton had matched that result earlier this year, they would have been facing Palace yesterday in the drizzle, not Brentford. Aaahh..

So basically what you're saying is, rather than support your team in the Premier League you'd rather spend your time at the Amex.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
So basically what you're saying is, rather than support your team in the Premier League you'd rather spend your time at the Amex.

For a game featuring a club I support and can stand up and watch for relatively little (as I used to do before all seater stadia were made mandatory for the top two tiers of football) I am happy to visit the wonder of the AMEX for £22. I waited four years until I felt the time was right even though for historical reasons I have been involved with the fight for the stadium being built in the first place.

Incidentally I hear a lot of Albion supporters are going to be disappointed as Burton Albion have space for only 500 away supporters. Will they have seats?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For a game featuring a club I support and can stand up and watch for relatively little (as I used to do before all seater stadia were made mandatory for the top two tiers of football) I am happy to visit the wonder of the AMEX for £22. I waited four years until I felt the time was right even though for historical reasons I have been involved with the fight for the stadium being built in the first place.

Incidentally I hear a lot of Albion supporters are going to be disappointed as Burton Albion have space for only 500 away supporters. Will they have seats?

Burton Albion have away seats, and an away terrace for fans. I've been there, have you?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I waited four years until I felt the time was right even though for historical reasons I have been involved with the fight for the stadium being built in the first place.

I thank you for your efforts, and I mean that. But you are still a tw@t.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Burton Albion have away seats, and an away terrace for fans. I've been there, have you?

I don't believe Palace have ever actually played Burton Albion. We don't spend much time in the lower leagues.

Moderating note: This user has been issued a warning for this trolling post. This user has also been banned from this thread and will not be able to post to it any longer.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
No Bees are my "family" club as opposed to "The club I supported from when I was a kid". My maternal grandfather watched 'em and my uncle claimed he had trials for them. But that would have been about 1930, they don't keep records of reserves games I gather. And he's long dead.
You don't get much glory as a Bees fan, but we certainly got some yesterday afternoon. Tour fans wert leaving the West Stand with about 20 minutes to go!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No Bees are my "family" club as opposed to "The club I supported from when I was a kid". My maternal grandfather watched 'em and my uncle claimed he had trials for them. But that would have been about 1930, they don't keep records of reserves games I gather. And he's long dead.
You don't get much glory as a Bees fan, but we certainly got some yesterday afternoon. Tour fans wert leaving the West Stand with about 20 minutes to go!

**** off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here