Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your top three sitcoms of all time ...

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Yeah, definately a rip off of Friends but i personally thought it was better written and each episode had consistency throughout. Friends was very good and sharply written but it got a bit tiresome and predictable at times, like many of these comedy shows written by a team of contributors. If you like this kind of comedy Sienfeld is the daddy, although you do have to watch at least 20 of the 180 episodes to get into the humor of it.

For what its worth, I like your choices. Phoenix Nights was outstanding, particularly the episode where Kay gets stuck on the stair lift.

I was going to add if you liked coupling I think you would more than like How I met your mother ....it's always on E4 imho it's not amazing but it certainly raises a few chuckles.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
1: Father Ted
2: Joint 2rd... Porridge & Fawlty Towers
3: Curb Your Enthusiasm

I never "got " this as a comedy despite watching 3 or 4 shows, some old bloke arguing all the time was not funny.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Thanks, but it hasn't helped much, at least he wasn't shouting though.

It's a bit like One foot in the grave to a certain extent - imho I think it's genius the stories are so well crafted and dialogue hilarious! what's worth knowing is that none of the scenes are scripted the actors just get a brief outline of the situation and told to ad lib in this respects it's amazing!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Father ted
Spaced
OFAH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here