Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your top three sitcoms of all time ...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Strong trio there Veg. No chance of shoehorning in Father Ted or Porridge then ? You need more than 3, it's like music.....it depends on the mood.
Could never leave Steptoe out though could you.

Yeah your right, three isn't enough. So many great British sitcoms were made in the 70's alone. I can think of well over a dozen, all brilliantly funny.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fawlty Towers

Blackadder

Only Fools

Thread CLOSED

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Boy this is tough

Porridge - the best writing and the best acting

Fawlty Towers - so many classic lines

Blackadder Goes Forth - the series that got better the longer it went on.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Have to do 5, 3 is not enough.

1. Black Books
2. Peep Show
3. Father Ted
4. The Office (UK obviously)
5. Blackadder...errrrmmm......II. Maybe IV. Definitely not III.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Three but there are so many, I don't think I could limit it to three. Blackadder, Only Fools, Red Dwarf, Men Bahaving Badly, Fawlty Towers, The Young ones, Ever Decreasing Circles, The Good Life, Open all Hours, Porridge, that's 10 without even thinking about it for a while.

Well go back, put some thought into it and give us your top three like you have been asked!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
1) Dad's Army
2) Fawltey Towers
3) Porridge
4) The Office

Not necessarily my personal favourites (except the first which I think is the greatest programme The BBC ever made) But what I believe to be the greatest sitcoms.

Can't stand anything Richly Gervais has done since, but I honestly believe The Office is up their with the best. Honourable mention to Rising Damp and Ever Decreasing Circles which is massively underated.

Creeping up behind Blackadder Goes Forth.

My wife has just reminded me of The Royal Family which again is a classic sitcom.

Last edited:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
1) Fawlty Towers - Remember watching it when I was young, still love it now.
2) The Office - Genius, and can still watch it now and it makes me laugh.
3) Gavin and Stacey - Any show that can make me laugh and cry at the same time must be good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Peep Show
Seinfeld
The Office

Honourable mentions: Flight of the Conchords, The Mighty Boosh, Nighty Night.

Last edited:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Coupling? Really? Thought that was a poor British attempt at friends

Yeah, definately a rip off of Friends but i personally thought it was better written and each episode had consistency throughout. Friends was very good and sharply written but it got a bit tiresome and predictable at times, like many of these comedy shows written by a team of contributors. If you like this kind of comedy Sienfeld is the daddy, although you do have to watch at least 20 of the 180 episodes to get into the humor of it.

For what its worth, I like your choices. Phoenix Nights was outstanding, particularly the episode where Kay gets stuck on the stair lift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here