Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your smallest ever away crowd (that you were part of).

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Halifax Town, 1999-2000 season.
Unsure of the exact number of us, but there weren’t many more than 2000 in the ground in total.

Lost 2-1 in injury time after being 0-1 up!
:cry:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
In recent years 248, midweek away Burnley Jan 2014. 0-0 not the best game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
81 fans , Southend v Brighton U23 in the efl trophy.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably 15th. March 1969 at Boundary Park, Oldham. Freezing cold day. Bit of mist. Crumbling stadium - no idea how few there were that day (home or away) but it was few!

Saw two young lads with blue and white scarves over in the far distance in a near empty terrace behind one of the goals, so went over to greet them and appreciate their travelling all the way from Brighton on such a grim day (I had only come from Liverpool, where I was at Uni).

"Oh no, fooking no", they said, "We're Bury (pronounced 'Bourri') - we only come over to see this fooking shower when our lot are playing away". Same as back in those days in Liverpool hundreds - or even thousands - of people would watch Liverpool one week and Everton the next, whoever was playing at home.

There weren't many of 'us' at Tranmere, Shrewsbury (in midweek) or Southport in those days either!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Going away since 2001 but we’ve always had fairly good numbers. Think the aforementioned Burnley game on a Tuesday (284 I think) and Bristol city away in the LDV QF southern section I think - roughly 280. Think they went on to play Bristol Rovers over 2 legs

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sunderland in Sep 1977. We won 2-0 (Wardy and Piper, I think) and went top of Division 2. Despite this momentous result, there were only about 50 Albion fans in the away end, there was so much space around us - a bit of a shock after the confines of the North Stand.

I remember the shock of walking to the ground from the station, it looked like the land that time forgot, I did get bought a pint in Newcastle by Geordie, who was delighted that the Mackems had lost.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
78 of us made it to Cardiff in the league cup under Wilkins.

Lost in the last minute of extra time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blackburn as short a time ago as 2013. Evening match, perishing cold - ice on the cobbled streets coming from the station. Around 120 of us to see Spanish Dave equalise with a penalty - which was our first shot on target (and last kick of the match).

Wrexham in the FA Cup replay in 2012 on a Wednesday night. Couldn't have been more than 50 of us!

Halifax Town, 1999-2000 season.
Unsure of the exact number of us, but there weren’t many more than 2000 in the ground in total.

Lost 2-1 in injury time after being 0-1 up!
:cry:

I was at all of these plus about twenty of us in Albufeira in 2010 watching us pllaying a Tottenham 11 in a pre-season friendly.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Not sure if it counts but a few years ago I was just about to get off the train at Blackburn when someone shouted that the game had been called off due to the weather. Stayed on the train with some other Albion fans and got off a few stops down the line to stand in the away end in the pissing rain on an open terrace to watch Accrington vs Plymouth. Can't have been much more than 100 in the away end of which about 40% were Albion fans!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
It may have already been mentioned on this thread, but I remember going up to Swansea in a 5 seater car full, with a few who still post on here, in the Johnsons paint trophy around January 2008. A midweek night and the away attendance was just over 100. We lost 1-0. I remember getting back in the early hours and seeing the milkman on his round!

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Not sure of number of away fans, but for me away to Woking FA Cup 2010 - Total of 4193 Won 3-2 with Tarricco sent off.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
I was there that night at Colchester on a Monday, can’t remember much other than it being really cold, and pretty much blanked the game from memory.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Away at Hull for an evening game, can’t be sure if the year but probably about 150 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here