Your SECOND favourite sport after FOOTER

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It depends who is playing.

The Albion above all else, but I'd rather watch a Rugby Union test match between major rugby playing nations than England in a football friendly. I love cricket too, but again Ashes cricket is very special and I'd probably watch that over a run of the mill test rugby match. International football only really interests me in the big tournaments, and even then, I'd rather watch the Rugby World Cup than the football European Championships.

I was going to write pretty much exactly this. A top level rugby union test match is better than pretty much every football match I've ever seen. And I have happily sat through ten days of test cricket in the last fortnight glued to the screen.

One thing about football though, I can watch virtually any match of football whereas I won't bother with a league rugby game if its on, or a random cricket ODI.

Don't like rugby league in any way though. and tried to get into baseball but it is really really boring

For minor sports I like Australian Rules, and will always avidly watch world championship finals or grand slam tournaments of normally boring sports like snooker, darts, tennis, golf, american football and myriad olympic sports. There's something about a competition when the ultimate prize is on the line that makes a sport transcend the actual hitting of a ball to become pure human drama and emotion.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Like Stat Brother, I wouldn't have football as my favourite sport or even top 3. Cricket is top for me and always will be, I could watch cricket all day long and, while supporting England and Sussex, would be happy to watch any teams play.

Rugby union and league would be up there too - I used to watch lots of rugby league when I lived in Bradford, happily following Bradford Northern (as they were then) and catching a game on TV. I don't really follow it any more, a reminder of what happens when you remove a game from terrestrial TV.

And I love cycling. I got into the TDF some years ago and now happily watch the Giro, Vuelta and World Championship.

Like others, I'd separate the Albion from football as a whole. The Albion would be top but the rest of football would be a poor fourth or fifth.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I would say:
1st Rugby Union
2nd: F1
3rd: Footie

If spending/attendance is anything to go by, I have a season ticket for the Rugby, have been to a number of F1 races in recent years, but haven't been to a footie match since '03!

might have to change my signature below sometime soon!!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
By far and away: Hockey.

Strange relationship i've had with it. I hardly get the time to check the Hurricanes highlights nowadays what with work and college but I used to check the site daily (last year and the year before). I couldn't tell you the roster this season because i've not seen enough. Yet when I do check, i fit right in like when you put on an old yet still fitting pair of slippers. I only found icehockey becasue i spent my one pound a week pocket money in the 99p store and brought NHL99 back in 2000/2001.

Definately Ice Hockey.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Snooker is like a religion to me - I love it more than football.

Enjoy watching darts, tennis and cricket occasionally.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Football - Albion
Cricket - Sussex
Rugby Union - Harlequins and London Irish
Baseball - Toronto Blue Jays
Ice Hockey - Toronto Maple Leafs
Rugby League - Hull FC (at a push) but basically anyone but Leeds

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
To play: Grass Hockey (would actually be no 1)

To watch: toughie..... Union or cricket depending on my mood.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
1. Cricket
2. Soccerball
3. Rugger Union

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Reserve football.

In terms of viewing:

Football: Worthing and Albion of course
F1: McClaren and Robert Kubica
WWE
Tennis

In terms of sport for leisure

Football
Tennis
Kayaking-nothing too serious like white water or such, a nice paddle up a river for a day is nice...though has been a while :(
Badminton

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Kind of.
My point is, I could buy an 'F1' bicycle, there hanging up in the window!, but I could never buy an F1 car.
Not to mention the fact, I'll never play at Wembley/Twickenham/Lord/Lambeau, but could very very slowly ride up Alpe D'heuz.

One day, the Time RXR VIP will be mine!

Oh, I understood that, I was just being cheeky. You are right, this is one of the things I love about cycling too.

It will be a Pinarello for me, I love those wavy seat stays.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rugby Union, F1, Grand Slam Men's tennis

Have absolutely no interest in Tour de France, Rugby league or cricket, even the Ashes leave me cold

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Athletics - Sprinting and Long Jump in particular.
Not done it since school and I keep telling myself I'll rejoin the local club, but never get around to it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports