YOUR pre-match watering hole of choice?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
For home matches obviously.

What is the most popular choice of public house for Brighton fans? Just out of curiosity really. I have the day off tomorrow ahead of the game and was trying to figure out where I will be going.

Usually stay close to Brighton Station and the get the train in from there, so I often drink in the Standard.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Railway Bell

Sometimes the Preston Brewery tap.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Station at Preston Park is best, even if you do need wellies for the walk to the ground at the moment. Well worth it.

D

Deleted User X18H

My kitchen or sometimes living room if the racing is on.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
i've heard The Sportsman serves a top quality pint in a really clean and welcoming atmosphere.........

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Midweek games only I tend to hop the choo choo at Preston Park and stroll down the hill to the Preston Park Hotel.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
For the past couple of weeks, I have been drinking in the Battle of Trafalgar up Guilford Road, just by Brighton station. Mostly because I'm with a mate, and it serves Harveys.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
station by hove station - does a bloody lovely pizza

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
For the past couple of weeks, I have been drinking in the Battle of Trafalgar up Guilford Road, just by Brighton station. Mostly because I'm with a mate, and it serves Harveys.

I've often walked past and been curious about that place, because from the outside the inside looks ancient, if you see what I mean?

So what is it like inside?

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
station by hove station - does a bloody lovely pizza

oh yeah "bloody lovely pizza" that's just what you want before going to a match!!:tantrum: I've often said to my mates "Let's get down the pub early doors before the match for for 8 or 9 inches of dough with Jalepenos, ham and pineapple"!!

I thought this was a thread about the "best pre-match waterin hole" to go to,....

.....not the "best pre-match, stone-baked-oven, bistro, wine-list-to-die-for, pork belly and hummus, pinot, pinot, pinot, upper-middle class, gastro, daddy's got a Porsche, sponsor me to bike ride around Machu Pichhu 'cos it looks like I'm raising money for charity but actually you're paying for my holiday, celeriac serving, fee-wifi 'cos god knows we couldn't live a nano second without tweeting, shiraz, shiraz, shiraz, no peanuts but fuckin olives offering , we think Southern Comfort is the same as Jack Daniel's selling, why not join us for speed-dating every Wednesday??,do you work for Mischon Mackay???, soulless, bleach-smelling, Massive Attack playing, free postcard vending, black-hole of culture pub"

"bloody lovely pizza" before the match. I'm not 'avin' it:eek:

Anyway, I vote for the cocktail bar at The Grand hotel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports