Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Your new year's resolution

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Have more sax ! and try and and get jobs done around the house (always busy working in others houses !).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
[Without a spade in the ground yet] I’ve changed my plan, going for a larger pond, the largest that’ll look reasonable for our garden, to give a wider expanse of open water to encourage several species of bat.

I’ve still got the energy/lack of chronic injuries, to give it a go. Shifting the chalk will all be downhill, luckily.
That's what I should have done so you can also get shallow edges or at least one gradual slope. Could you use the chalk for a rockery nearby. Note if you dig out a cubic metre it becomes 3 cubic metres in a skip. Note in your area it would be good to include a wild area and logs for bug houses and cover for the young frogs/newts.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
- Bin sugar in coffee at work.
- Never again look at the "For You" view on X.
- Put all NSC political threads on "Ignore Thread" ( except the Official General Election Thread).
- Put all NSC geopolitical conflict threads outside of Europe on "Ignore Thread".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Work a bit less

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's what I should have done so you can also get shallow edges or at least one gradual slope. Could you use the chalk for a rockery nearby. Note if you dig out a cubic metre it becomes 3 cubic metres in a skip. Note in your area it would be good to include a wild area and logs for bug houses and cover for the young frogs/newts.

Thanks. Yes the skip thing, we’re used to that.

My plan is to spread subsoil over the surrounding ‘ornamental’ lawn to devalue its nutrient content, for a decent sized chalkland meadow, larger than the mini meadows I’ve dotted around. The pond will have shallow beaches all round to prevent any mammals drowning and creating a drinking area for wildlife. The meadow will go up to the pond, other than a bog area for the likes of Filipendula ulmaria and Lythrum salicaria.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks. Yes the skip thing, we’re used to that.

My plan is to spread subsoil over the surrounding ‘ornamental’ lawn to devalue its nutrient content, for a decent sized chalkland meadow, larger than the mini meadows I’ve dotted around. The pond will have shallow beaches all round to prevent any mammals drowning and creating a drinking area for wildlife. The meadow will go up to the pond, other than a bog area for the likes of Filipendula ulmaria and Lythrum salicaria.
this sounds brilliant

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The equivalent number of push-ups according to the day of the year (i.e. one yesterday, two today and into the 300s by the end of October). I attempted it the other year with skipping, but this one should be much easier to complete. That and eating more slowly!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To get back into running again, which in turn will require several sub-goals; drinking less, knocking social smoking on the head, overcoming injury anxiety and teaching the dog to run.

I had a good few run / walk sessions in August and lots of long dog walks to prepare for a holiday in Slovakia with the boys that featured a mountain hike. Military route march with chains and one in two drops was actually what it was, all day to do 15k, and it ruined my knee and ankle. Both now feel good enough to have another go at restarting.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The equivalent number of push-ups according to the day of the year (i.e. one yesterday, two today and into the 300s by the end of October). I attempted it the other year with skipping, but this one should be much easier to complete. That and eating more slowly!
I tried that push up thingy a few years ago. Getting to over 2000 a week in October and knowing it would only increase for the next 3 months was alarming. In fact I started to suffer chest pains that I put down to the press ups. IT WASN’T the cause and I had a heart op a little later!!

Good luck and be careful!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oooh, like that. Very sustainable. Good luck!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have more sax ! and try and and get jobs done around the house (always busy working in others houses !).
A friend of mine, now 93, was asked what the secret of her and her husbands old age was. She said they had sex nearly every night eg On Monday, they nearly had sex. On Tuesday, they nearly had sex. On a Wednesday, they nearly had… :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
A friend of mine, now 93, was asked what the secret of her and her husbands old age was. She said they had sex nearly every night eg On Monday, they nearly had sex. On Tuesday, they nearly had sex. On a Wednesday, they nearly had… :)
I liked the joke, but it was not a typo, I need to play more sax, as I am getting a bit rusty !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How is everyone doing then, 50 days in?

I decided to add sit-ups into the challenge, which I'm probably going to be regretting by the late spring! On the plus side, I'm able to do more push-ups in one go than I was before, so that's got to be doing some sort of good. Also, the routine and focus of having an achievable daily goal is a positive at a time in our family where there is a lot of 'stuff' going on that is, quite frankly, pretty draining.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
How is everyone doing then, 50 days in?

I decided to add sit-ups into the challenge, which I'm probably going to be regretting by the late spring! On the plus side, I'm able to do more push-ups in one go than I was before, so that's got to be doing some sort of good. Also, the routine and focus of having an achievable daily goal is a positive at a time in our family where there is a lot of 'stuff' going on that is, quite frankly, pretty draining.
Bite the bullet and use the services of a decent preferably Hove based Financial Planning Company!
Not very well, I was recommended Skerrits in Hove but they didn’t reply to my enquiry, a company in Hove called Hunter Hammond Daniel Associates has been mentioned I might give them a call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here