Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your MyAlbion Digital Account – Action Required

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why do we get so many emails from the Club which are quite clearly wrong.
Looks like this has been sent out to everyone whether you have a linked account or not.
Have queried it with the Club (5 day response time).
I shall ignore it but my son, who has a learning disability, will panic when he receives it and want to know what to do.
Is there nobody at the Club who checks these emails before they go out (Jenny Gower) to make sure they are correct and don’t piss off supporters?
On top of vaccine passports and tickets in my Apple wallet it is getting too much.
Rant over.

Many of us have only recently decided to give the club a second mailshot chance following that pathetic clickbait period about new signings that always turned out to be about some random signing for the wimmins team that led to many of us opting out of club email comms. Why is this kind of supporter/customer-alienating crap still happening?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why do we get so many emails from the Club which are quite clearly wrong.
Looks like this has been sent out to everyone whether you have a linked account or not.
Have queried it with the Club (5 day response time).
I shall ignore it but my son, who has a learning disability, will panic when he receives it and want to know what to do.
Is there nobody at the Club who checks these emails before they go out (Jenny Gower) to make sure they are correct and don’t piss off supporters?
On top of vaccine passports and tickets in my Apple wallet it is getting too much.
Rant over.

Many of us have only recently decided to give the club a second mailshot chance following that pathetic clickbait period about new signings that always turned out to be about some random signing for the wimmins team that led to many of us opting out of club email comms. Why is this kind of supporter/customer-alienating crap still happening?

Virtually every other organisation does the same thing from time to time.........................shit happens, no real drama.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Virtually every other organisation does the same thing from time to time.........................shit happens, no real drama.

Well according to somebody further up the thread it was just about the straw that broke the camel's back for somebody, or possibly their missus. Can't KEEP laying all this information overload on supporters/customers. Club should be acutely aware that there is a threshold beyond which people will tell them to go furk themselves. That threshold is fast aporoaching IMHO

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well according to somebody further up the thread it was just about the straw that broke the camel's back for somebody, or possibly their missus. Can't KEEP laying all this information overload on supporters/customers. Club should be acutely aware that there is a threshold beyond which people will tell them to go furk themselves. That threshold is fast aporoaching IMHO

Each to their own......it isn't for me. Plenty of other things to worry about that aren't as trivial.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
All the Albion accounts I control for my family have received the e-mail. It was confusing to start with but I always check with NSC first as invariably someone of here can guide me to the correct answer. NSC posters can drive me nuts at time but it is an excellent source of well intended info when sometimes the Club isn't.

Well done NSC ! :albion2: Now about that striker ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Haven’t received anything for either mine or juniors but saying that we have never bothered PB directly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Before wasting the clubs time... did anyone/everyone else get one of these emails?

I have had linked accounts for ages... so not sure what I need to do or why, if anything.

i haven't gone through all of this post. but i called the club and it was an email sent out by mistake!
Why they haven't sent another one letting us know that i don't know!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
i haven't gone through all of this post. but i called the club and it was an email sent out by mistake!
Why they haven't sent another one letting us know that i don't know!

They have, but as the thread explains the second email if taken as written would also cause issues, depending on when you received the first email.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

in the past couple of years, I have received, by mistake a birthday greeting, and this email this morning. I have also received some emails about the womens team new signings, along with similar info about mens team signings, match day and time changes etc

The other emails "laying all this stuff" on me were about various processes that have changed which meant that I had the right info and documentation with me when I got to the stadium-really very useful

So if that is your threshold for telling the club you say you support to "go **** themselves" may I suggest you support a local bowling club because having quite literally a couple of emails a week(and a couple more on match weeks) really is no biggie

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder what email we will all receive and think it's a bug only to be told it's real. Maybe when they ban trousers or something?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Apology email just received from club -

Please accept our apologies for the email(s) sent to you in the early hours of this morning. While routine maintenance was being performed, a glitch lead to old emails being sent in error. These emails started at around 5am up until 8am. These are old emails, and no action needs to be taken.

Yours sincerely

Supporter Services

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Unfortunately, I made the mistake of "taking action", thinking it would be a quick and easy thing to do, but also was too lazy at that time of the morning to properly look at the screen in front of my eyes, where i would have realised I already had a digital account, and in fact I didn't need to "take action". Consequently, I'm now in a right old mess - my email address has bee deemed "invalid" and I can no longer log on. Oh dear, what to do? I don't want to bother poor old Joel in customer services again. I'll just have to put The Monkey in charge of ticket buying from now on. Sake.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can’t believe so many people have said they clicked a link in an email that seemed like it was a mistake. Just the sort of email that would contain a dodgy link.

I knew straight away that I’d linked my accounts when they asked us to do it before, so just ignored it.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Maybe they do it every now and again to clear out the dead wood! If you don't re apply you're not interested anymore...............I'll just wait till I need tickets then hope it all works UTA

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Saw it, clearly not fake, sighed.Had spent time trying to sort that out access before they did the linking thing, which i did, and it worked, then this. Parked it in the “they should invest more in the IT team”, whom I’m sure are good and competent people, and moved on

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Understand you can sign up to avoid further dodgy emails for £20 for the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here