Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Most Detestable Player

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate everything about both Dennis Wise and Vinnie Jones. Everything.

I don’t hate everything about Wise; I take some comfort that he’s a short-arse.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Hard to look past Barton but I couldn't stand Souness when he was playing. Dirtiest footballer I have ever seen, there was something unpleasantly cynical about that "great" Liverpool team of the 80s.

A new name I'll throw in is John Fashanu. That elbow on Gary Mabbutt was terrible and he always came over all innocent. Just as bad as Jones and Wise in that Wimbledon team. Then threw his hat in with Nigeria and the African culture thing when he realised he wasn't good enough to play for England.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Grealish's behaviour in early days of lockdown were detestable.

Zaha makes a great pantomime villain, and I'll happily join in with all that, but I find no reasons to 'detest' him and even a few reasons to quite like him, once you take the rivalry away.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Don't understand the hate of Grealish, Would love a player like that who loves and supports the club as much as the fans. Dont give me Dunk, hes a Chelsea fan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Mark (anything but my name suggests) Bright
Kevin (the original lanky forward who clambered & bundled balls over the line) Francis
Scott (i'm a tw@t) Mcleish
Kevin (secrets) Keegan

el punal

Don't understand the hate of Grealish, Would love a player like that who loves and supports the club as much as the fans. Dont give me Dunk, hes a Chelsea fan.

Of course you would love him if he played for the Albion. The fact is that little shit has single handedly stopped us winning against Villa on four occasions, often using suspect tactics to achieve that. Plus I hate his Peaky Blinders haircut and his soppy socks with his dinky little shin pads. So it’s a no from me Clive!

I’ll give you that he’s a good footballer and a loyal Villa fan - but he’s still a tw*t. :drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He’s a knob-head, surely you understand the vast majority of people don’t like knobheads?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Historically Rachid Harkouk obviously

These days any player that just rolls around feigning injury

Didn't really like Peter Schmeichel all that much either

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Jack Grealish, talented player? Yes. Absolute total and utter cockwomble? Yes.

Joey Barton, talented player? Nope. Absolute thug? Always the victim? Stubs cigarettes in someone’s eye? Yes.

No contest IMO, Grealish annoys me but I’d have him here in a heartbeat, Joey Barton I wouldn’t have wanted even when we were on the brink of league two, total disgrace of a player.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I don't mind the pantomime villains, the one's we all like to boo but secretly would love them in our team, because they usually have redeeming features and laughed at the banter with the crowd. I came up with 4 names of players I really, really hated who had absolutely no redeeming qualities IMO,

Graham Souness - miserable, dour animal of a player
Joey Barton - Psycho.
Vinnie Jones - Psycho and Sunday Pub team player.
But the one who easily tops my list is Roy Keane, just a nasty, nasty piece of work. During the lock down when MOTD jug ears and his golfing mates were picking players for their best Prem league teams they all had Roy Keane as one of the best Man U players, unbelievable Jeff!!

:rant: :rant:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Jack Grealish, talented player? Yes. Absolute total and utter cockwomble? Yes.

Joey Barton, talented player? Nope. Absolute thug? Always the victim? Stubs cigarettes in someone’s eye? Yes.

No contest IMO, Grealish annoys me but I’d have him here in a heartbeat, Joey Barton I wouldn’t have wanted even when we were on the brink of league two, total disgrace of a player.

This.

Similar story with Zaha. Great player but complete cockwomble.

Barton is just a disgrace of a human being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

el punal

Historically Rachid Harkouk obviously

These days any player that just rolls around feigning injury

Didn't really like Peter Schmeichel all that much either

Rachid Harkouk, almost forgot about him, horrible scrote. When my dislike for Palace was at its height (late 1970s) he was always in the side and we could never beat them. The only Palace player that I had time for, grudgingly, was Vince Hilaire. The rest were complete :wanker:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Grealish

He thought the lockdown rules didn't apply to him because he is rich and famous and felt like going to a party.

He got involved in a car related 'incident' and refused to take responsibility for his actions.

He represents the negative side of manhood, humanity generally and footballing culture (I assume we all know where to look for the good side)

He has stupid hair

But yeah 'loves his club', so that's all OK.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Of course you would love him if he played for the Albion. The fact is that little shit has single handedly stopped us winning against Villa on four occasions, often using suspect tactics to achieve that. Plus I hate his Peaky Blinders haircut and his soppy socks with his dinky little shin pads. So it’s a no from me Clive!

I’ll give you that he’s a good footballer and a loyal Villa fan - but he’s still a tw*t. :drink:

I dont think the shin pads are the problem its how he wears his socks. Most players have shin pads smaller than you would imagine. Most people I've played football with have worn kids shin pads.

As for the hair not too different from Propper.

As for being a dickhead probably no different to Knockers, Duffy and Stephens. Just gets more coverage in the press.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here