Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Most Detestable Player

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Everyone seems focused on Barton but there are some other choice thugs from the past

Duncan Ferguson, Vinnie Jones, Kevin Muscat, Ben Thatcher, Julian Dicks to name a few

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I bet Jimmy Case is on a few lists on other fans forums as being a bit of a thug.

I despised Whiteside even before his horror tackle on Ramsey I've yet to see a more blatant attempt to break someone's legs although Southampton seem to have found a bit of a thug in Romeau .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Then Bellamy, then Keane then Lineker.

Lineker? WTF? The bloke who wasn't even booked in his career? Do you work for Seabrook or something?

A truly bizarre choice.

Everyone else seems to have grasped the concept that this is about thuggery and cheating on the pitch and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] has extended his cod-intellectual dislike of the BBC elite to a football thread.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Everyone seems focused on Barton but there are some other choice thugs from the past

Duncan Ferguson, Vinnie Jones, Kevin Muscat, Ben Thatcher, Julian Dicks to name a few

From memory most of them were relatively comfortable with how people perceived them.
And the worst of their thuggery was on the pitch.

Any of them pretended to be a philosopher/renaissance man type to hide the viciousness of their character?
Any of them stubbed a cigar out in a youth player's eye?

Barton is on a different level for me.
Nasty piece of work.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A truly bizarre choice.

Everyone else seems to have grasped the concept that this is about thuggery and cheating on the pitch and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] has extended his cod-intellectual dislike of the BBC elite to a football thread.

Shocked, nay STUNNED that the poster has assumed the reason to be his punditry. Massive jump to take.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A truly bizarre choice.

Suspect you have been whooshed there.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Possibly. That's me and a University Challenge contestant if so. Spend 5 minutes on twitter and you'll find plenty of Brexiteers who can't stand Lineker.

Possibly whooshed, with a bit of edge..

Being whooshed has nothing to do with intellectual/academic capacity, in my experience.
In fact often the opposite

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Possibly. That's me and a University Challenge contestant if so. Spend 5 minutes on twitter and you'll find plenty of Brexiteers who can't stand Lineker.

But it's a bizarre way to make a joke ... he was mentioned in conjunction with two other players who weren't a joke.

If it had been Lineker on his own, yes, maybe ... but with the other two?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But it's a bizarre way to make a joke ... he was mentioned in conjunction with two other players who weren't a joke.

If it had been Lineker on his own, yes, maybe ... but with the other two?

But that is what makes the joke. two players setting the scene for the punchline.
That's exactly how jokes work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here