Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Your home office / study / working spot

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I looked for a desk for ages and couldn't find one that I liked, so made this out of kitchen units and end panels. Can't seem to get the upload function to work, maybe because I'm new :)

P1000294.jpg

The cabinet / draw pack glass is dark purple, the veneer is zebrano, the top is toughened glass. I would show you a more recent picture but I'd have to burn my way into my 'office' (crap storage room) with some sort of military grade explosives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I looked for a desk for ages and couldn't find one that I liked, so made this out of kitchen units and end panels. Can't seem to get the upload function to work, maybe because I'm new :)

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/fatsupermanSCUK/SCUK/P1000294.jpg

The cabinet / draw pack glass is dark purple, the veneer is zebrano, the top is toughened glass. I would show you a more recent picture but I'd have to burn my way into my 'office' (crap storage room) with some sort of military grade explosives.

You need a much more comfy chair. Maybe something like this?!

26260c108a0d8277c676877edb0f996f.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I used to quite like my home desk until a few minutes ago. Took a pic to add to this thread, and realised it's a bit shit :down:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

"Yeah yeah.....no I just resorted to a personal attack again because I've got no ****ing clue what I'm doing and am getting nailed time and time and time again on the actual facts. Lapped it up, they did - of course they did, they're ****ing morons."

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I have been sat at the end of a dining table with a laptop for too long. But we are moving house soon so hope to have my own office which will then be adorned with BHAFC type stuff.

I have gone in reverse.
I had my own office but it is currently being turned into a bedroom/bathroom.
Am now working on the dining room table.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've got this desk:

30ed6e102443b71e862e7415038d3c26.jpg

And a chair like this one:

95ac262a120c886e52ca91dacba42ad5.jpg

And I sometimes sit there with a cat on my knee plotting world domination.

However, currently my office is a total tip.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
These look quite good: http://uk.varidesk.com/

I've never used or seen on in PERSON but they LOOK nifty.

Standing desks are the future with regards to posture and ability to flex muscles whilst working. I am trying to introduce at work without success, but at home a large kitchen island unit with worktop is ideal height for keyboard, mouse and writing. Just have to stick the laptop and other screens on boxes to get the right viewing height.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have given up the home office but what I will say is it's best to have a separate room if possible. And as we spend a third of our day at work invest in the best you can and make this as comfortable as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here