Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your guaranteed hangover cure

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Isotonic sports drinks. If you're dehydrated, which you inevitably are following excess alcohol consumption, then your salt levels get low, same as they do when you sweat lots following exercise. Drinking loads of water will only dilute your salt levels further, which is why you get a headache. Isotonic stuff like Lucozade Sport (or remedies like Dioralyte as others have said) are spot on here, because they replace the salts you've lost, at the same time as getting more fluids into you.

I also recommend a monstrous carbohydrate overload. I've no idea if this part actually has any medical benefit, but it always makes me feel better.

This is very much "do as I say, not as I do", as I'm rarely organised enough to have Lucozade Sport in stock at home in the event of one over the eight...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Gotta be a dominos Shirley!?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Isotonic sports drinks. If you're dehydrated, which you inevitably are following excess alcohol consumption, then your salt levels get low, same as they do when you sweat lots following exercise. Drinking loads of water will only dilute your salt levels further, which is why you get a headache. Isotonic stuff like Lucozade Sport (or remedies like Dioralyte as others have said) are spot on here, because they replace the salts you've lost, at the same time as getting more fluids into you.

I also recommend a monstrous carbohydrate overload. I've no idea if this part actually has any medical benefit, but it always makes me feel better.

This is very much "do as I say, not as I do", as I'm rarely organised enough to have Lucozade Sport in stock at home in the event of one over the eight...

I find the bundles of sugar or sweeteners in sports drinks a bit much. Dioralyte, while not as tasty, does a much better job of replacing salts and minerals without the sugar hit.

I suppose ultimately you can't cure a hangover, only time can do that. But you can make that time more comfortable with a few simple measures.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
No matter what your metabolic rate is, alcohol burns off at the same speed in everyone, hangover cures are pure fallacy and are a placebo, nothing more.
Suck it up and see it through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here