Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your guaranteed hangover cure

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Two sachets of diaorlyte in half a pint of water before bed and in the morning, topped up with paracetamol. I have a medical condition which means I struggle to stay hydrated so use these sachets regularly but too much booze makes it much worse.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
soak a Japanese umeboshi plum in hot water, then drink the water and eat the plum. Works for me, see Google for why. you buy them from the Japanese shop opposite sainsburys, behind London road.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Two sachets of diaorlyte in half a pint of water before bed and in the morning, topped up with paracetamol. I have a medical condition which means I struggle to stay hydrated so use these sachets regularly but too much booze makes it much worse.

When my doctor mate suggested this to me it changed my life. One before bed, one when you inevitably wake up too early and one when you get up. Sorted.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm in need of a cure for a "still slightly pissed, but already have a monster hangover" situation please. TIA.

Oh, Palace fans - now would be a good time to test where the boundaries are. You might find they've temporarily moved.

So what did you do, and did it work?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Berocca or Lucozade and chocolate digestives. Follow this with Kraftwerk Trans Europe Express and self-abuse. This is not I have experienced recently (as a full combination anyway) but I have it on good advice.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just as much tap water you can get down your throat before retiring to bed.

Always works for me and never have unmanageable hangover the next morning.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Full fat coca cola and a bacon sarnie, thick white bread, brown sauce. Very much what I dispensed down my own throat this morning after a MONSTER night out last night. Two hours later I was jumping in to the pool in Worthing off the three metre board.

You're welcome.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surfing is an excellent choice, although probably not in Brighton.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Stay up for at least an hour after your last drink rather than going straight to bed, during which drink a pint of water or two and eat as much as you can (a couple of bowls of muesli and a marmalade sarnie for me), and if you're me take headache tablets and slap on some 4Head too before bed. Getting a pint or two of water at the pub throughout the evening along with your drinks also helps. If you still feel crap the next day a sea swim, the colder the water the better, really getting your head immersed, should do the trick.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Full fat coca cola and a bacon sarnie, thick white bread, brown sauce. Very much what I dispensed down my own throat this morning after a MONSTER night out last night. Two hours later I was jumping in to the pool in Worthing off the three metre board.

You're welcome.

I was thinking of you as I saw this article's title... Must meet up tomorrow

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've surfed New Year's Day at the hot pipe, 2-3 ft and clean, felt much better after.

Nothing like it IMHO, although the effort of geting the board on the car and getting to the beach is sometimes too much :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don't sleep in too long. Get up, shower, light breakfast of blueberries and a couple of spoons of porridge. Fresh air. Lots and lots of water. Try and find a light job to do like mowing the lawn or fixing something, I find it distracts me from the worst of it. Then a ploughmans lunch. 2 bottles of Corona and an early night.

Course, if you're still pissed stay in bed and sleep it off before attempting the above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here