Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Do you know what nemesis means?

9DAB2459-4315-49A1-B6C9-15C00DD0B8C1.jpeg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I haven't seen it for a long while now (it's one of those films I don't want to "wear out" and lose its magic) but is it true, in the opening scenes when the men run through the forest looking for the spaceship, they've digitally removed the guns and replaced them with bunches of keys? I read about it years but can't remember the details, but am very much hoping it hasn't been digitally altered in any way...

Can you enlighten me?

That was the scene when ET and the boys went to the skies on the bikes. Guns were taken out. The opening scene fixed on the " keys " of the man who wanted to save ET who was there at the end and is a religious reference to St Peter, keys to the Kingdom. There are lots of religious nods in the film

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great Escape or Zulu.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Jaws. I just love it’s episodic structure. The first ever Summer blockbuster.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jaws. On every other week on ITV4, but will join it at whichever point its at, looking to loyally see it through. And that's despite having a general dislike for what Spielberg made for 40 odd years onwards.

Gotta be The Godfather for me. Loved 1 & 2 but thought 3 wasn't anywhere near as good as the other two.

JAWS is a good call from earlier too. Watched that on Netflix a couple of weeks back after a few beers. Fell asleep but woke up for the grand finale

Jaws. I just love it’s episodic structure. The first ever Summer blockbuster.

As it's been minutes since I last forced my favouritist podcast on the great great and the good of NSC, it would be rather amiss to not draw your attention to this:-

https://www.theringer.com/2018/7/4/17532394/jaws-with-bill-simmons-chris-ryan-and-sean-fennessey

Jaws is the #1 Rewatchables download, it's a great listen.

For the love of god someone needs to listen to Monday's episode - Cast Away.

"Can there be a sequel?"
"Yes, Cast Away II - Wilson Lives"

The synopses of that film is absolutely glorious - and will never ever be made. :lol:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
American Graffiti, fell in love with it as a teenager and its still my favourite film of all time. However my real go to is a TV series, I’ve just started rewatching The Sopranos on Sky and have got through two and a half series in about 10 days, it’s just brilliant TV. Tony Soprano is just so well written and acted, a vicious mob boss you can’t help but care for and about.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Godfather I & II "You come here, on the day of my daughter's wedding"
Snatch "You step in front of me again you ****ing fringe, I'll cut your ****ing jacobs off"
Dumb & Dumber "Pretty bird, Polly wanna cracker?"
Blazing Saddles "I pay you guys to lay rail road, not dance around like a bunch of Kansas City ******s!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here