Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your ‘go to’ Film

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
It made my hair stand on end just reading that :clap:

First time I saw it, at the end, when (spoiler alert) the club foot 'heals' I just went 'no ****ing way! What? What!'

I managed to hold off about a week before just having to watch it again.

It took me about 5 watches to realise that 'how much of that did he make up?' is the wrong question. 'Was there even a single word of it that was true?' is the correct question. I know the whole thing is made up as it is a film, but you know what I mean :lolol: :cheers:

Well this topic could span many posts but in summary:

We know the boat was real with 29 victims.
The Hungarians existed. The Faxed sketch strongly resembled Verbal.
Keaton existed (but not confirmed dead) and Edie was real - and died.
I thought the NYC line-up happened because Kujan would have checked...but maybe he didn't have time.

Think it's possible that Kint just changed the names to those on the pin-board, but there is a view that nearly everything was invented and that the lawyer was the arch-villain...you can google all this.

Anyway I'll watch it yet again...will have plenty of time coming up - sad to say.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well this topic could span many posts but in summary:

We know the boat was real with 29 victims.
The Hungarians existed. The Faxed sketch strongly resembled Verbal.
Keaton existed (but not confirmed dead) and Edie was real - and died.
I thought the NYC line-up happened because Kujan would have checked...but maybe he didn't have time.

Think it's possible that Kint just changed the names to those on the pin-board, but there is a view that nearly everything was invented and that the lawyer was the arch-villain...you can google all this.

Anyway I'll watch it yet again...will have plenty of time coming up - sad to say.

Many thanks for that.

Part of me doen't want, ever, to go 'oh, now I get it!'. As Danny Baker often said, never shine daylight on magic.

I agree with every word you have written, but we actually only know about the line up because Verbal said there was one. It was certainly never checked as far as I recall. If it was real it feeds into Verbal's wider lurid narrative, though, which I am inclined to distrust.

My feeling is the theing was written so we eventually conclude we cannot conclude anything other than people died, and Verbal and 'Kobayashi' exist. Even 'Kaiser Soze' was mentioned only by the guy who told the artist what to sketch. Kint then latched on to it during the interview. Soze was evidently Verbal's declared name on the boat, but the story attached to the name was described 100% only by Verbal, so.....

I'm going to have to watch it again, possibly tonight....:lolol: :thumbsup:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Blazing Saddles is my go to film but one of my bl00dy kids has nicked the dvd again -which means I’ll have to go all modern and download it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lion in Winter
Local Hero
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Dambusters
Gregory's Girl
Cinema Paradiso
A Bridge too Far
Genevieve

Also the BBC series of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Smiley's People, and Simon Schama's History of Britain (if I can find an unblocked version on the internet)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
That was the scene when ET and the boys went to the skies on the bikes. Guns were taken out. The opening scene fixed on the " keys " of the man who wanted to save ET who was there at the end and is a religious reference to St Peter, keys to the Kingdom. There are lots of religious nods in the film

Interesting, thank you.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
So hard,so many.No T. Cruise no S.(Disney) Spielberg.If I had to pick one film as a kid I grew up with The Magnifcent Seven(Yuls).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Trailer dont really do it justice but "Smoke" (1995) is a great, easily watched movie with a decent feel good-touch to it. Written by Paul Auster and starring Harvey Keitel, William Hurt, Forest Whitaker, Harold Perrinau... dirty good actors. 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Betty Blue - not seen that in years. Beatrice Dalle

and maybe the apnea diving movie The Big Blue. Jean Reno

Tres continental

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surprised nobody has gone for this NSC stalwart:-

91eh3XvnqzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports