Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever Mobile Phone and what make and model was it?!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I had this bad boy..

download (7).jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When that got smashed by my angry sister in a rage, I got one of these

PRODPIC-620.jpg

And when that one was stolen, I finally took out my first mobile phone contract which enabled me to get a true TOP OF THE RANGE handset, on Orange's Everyday 50 tariff:

Nokia_5110_Black.jpg

Those were my first two phones...the first one when i was 13 (the Cellnet one). After that and the 5110 i moved to the 3210 then the 3310.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can't remember the make, but it was on cellnet and cost £250 and £60 per moth line rental plus 60p a minute! why on earth did I bother?

Have to admit to being a bit of a poser!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

My first phones. Started on Bt Cellnet, on contract. 50 free texts a month! Was also on virgin, O2 and orange.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Nokia 2310.jpg

The Nokia 2310, my first and only phone! Still does the job after nearly seven years.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I had that Motorola flip up silver one too. Really thought it was the business at the time.

It's still a real looker. So small, and still the smallest phone I've ever had, and in weight. Came with a very smart leather case too. Not the best phone, technically, but 10/10 for looks.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I had the same Phillips phone that a fair few others here seem to have had, can't remember what model it was but it had a 'Sonar' ringtone I used to like :thumbsup:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
WTF. Presumably everyone on here is in their twenties? Almost everyone in their thirties/forties will say the One2One M300. The first ever affordable mobile (£300 - piss-cheap for a mobile in those days and with free calls to local landlines included), it single-handedly created the whole "mobile phones for everyone not just yuppies" culture and was the first mobile of not just myself but every single person I knew. It was The Beatles of mobiles and I pity those of you too young to have been there at the time to experience it. Everything posted in this thread so far is a Coldplay or Steps at best.
In my forties and never heard of it - maybe it depended on the people you were mixing with (ie the sort of people who would consider calling anything £300 'piss-cheap', even comparatively).

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
Also in my forties. The first mobile I had was the Nokia 5110 because it was affordable (not being £300). I stuck to cheap phones until they started having FM radios on them. I remember in the late 90s a friend of mine had a Nokia brick of some kind, but he could log onto the work mainframe from it when in the pub garden. Amazing to think how mobile technology has developed in such a short time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here