Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever Mobile Phone and what make and model was it?!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
This was mine, Motorola M300 on One2One. Think it was about 1995.
image.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't remember the make (it was a work phone), but remember some huge cradle sticking out the dashboard of my car, together with microphone and speaker in the sun visor. It took some poor sod all morning to fit it. Hell of a lot of hassle for hands free :D

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
050706-1.jpg

Nokia 2110, on the left. Summer 1994.

Changed the phone many times, obv, but had the same number nearly 20 years (except a 7 added to code).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Nokia 3310 as well for me. Handed down from my mother when she got a new phone. I still have it somewhere :D

D

Deleted member 18477

Some Alcatel mobile... Then Nokia 3310. Then I went into the colour screen market then colour screen with camera market... Think I had a Nokia n gage at some point before going for a flip phone and then a samsung slide phone. And then into the Smartphone era.

I wish I had kept all my old phones!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
050706-1.jpg

Changed the phone many times, obv, but had the same number nearly 20 years (except a 7 added to code).

Looks familiar tho I recall starting in 95/6? & same number since, tho profits now go over the channel rather than stay here

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
050706-1.jpg

I had one of these as well - now being used in a school's "How Things Used to Look" exhibit :)
I seem to remember when I first got it texting was free as they didn't think anyone would really use it.....

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
This was my first phone. It wasn't very good

motorola-manhattan.jpg

When that got smashed by my angry sister in a rage, I got one of these

PRODPIC-620.jpg

And when that one was stolen, I finally took out my first mobile phone contract which enabled me to get a true TOP OF THE RANGE handset, on Orange's Everyday 50 tariff:

Nokia_5110_Black.jpg

That really was an EXCELLENT phone, in the days when Nokia were by far and away the absolute dons of mobile phones. Nobody else came even close.

Several phones later I got one of these, which I think remains my favourite ever Nokia:

6100_main.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Alcatel. Dunno what model. the only one they ever made? Was given to us staff instead of a Christmas Bonus at Virgin, Think Branson was feeling the pinch. Big, bumpy black and white thing. It looked like a size 9 trainer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nokia 7600 that I acquired second hand off a chum. Lovely avocado surround, matched me 70's bathroom suite to perfection. Got funny looks on the train, mind.

images

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
WTF. Presumably everyone on here is in their twenties? Almost everyone in their thirties/forties will say the One2One M300. The first ever affordable mobile (£300 - piss-cheap for a mobile in those days and with free calls to local landlines included), it single-handedly created the whole "mobile phones for everyone not just yuppies" culture and was the first mobile of not just myself but every single person I knew. It was The Beatles of mobiles and I pity those of you too young to have been there at the time to experience it. Everything posted in this thread so far is a Coldplay or Steps at best.

Strange post. I'm mid 30's and don't know the phone you speak of. Mind you I wouldn't have spent 300 quid on a phone then or now so I think you may be on your own here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here