Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first BHAFC V CPFC game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They were both draws BG, 2-2 at Selhurst on Good Friday, 1-1 at the Goldstone on Easter Monday
The following Saturday The Albion beat Reading 8 - 3 at The Goldstone

That was the games. With many good old names like Eric Gill, Des Tennant, Albert Munday Frankie Howard to name just a few. Remember a couple of years after that we had a winger from Arsenal Mike Tiddy who was a lay preacher and wouldnt play on Good Friday.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Can't remember exactly maybe someone can remember this game. I would say circa early 90's with Palace winning the game and getting promotion that season. I seem to remember them scoring late on in the game too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
74 when Mellor scored in that 1-0 win. Kicked off everywhere and loved it ever since. This game and all that goes with it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Kicked off, but many say we weren't enemies then!

Had the rivalry started?

We weren't. But they came down in numbers to their first visit to the 3rd tier for some time and adopted the sort of attitude that we adopt when we've been to Aldershot, Southend and Orient. You know ? Lording it over them pre-match but the difference was that once our fans had taken stock it became a right old ding dong. There has always been two battles between the clubs whether you like it or not and tomorrow might be a bit quieter because of the early kick off but the fans have made this fixture what it is..... Not the players.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Mine was 74 too and only the real Senior guys can go beyound that because the previous was in the early 60's.

In the main, we've had better results when we think we don't have a chance and have pulled off a couple of fine 1-0's at Smelhurst when we were rank outsiders. yet, when we've felt confident & bound to win (like home last year) it's all gone wrong.

Maybe that's a little omen for us.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Kicked off, but many say we weren't enemies then!

Had the rivalry started?

it was kicking off all over the place , fights in west street , the bosun crew apparently chasing palace all around the town centre .
palace in the north stand kicked off there , and its has just continued since then

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
That was the name of the cup that is now JPT
There used to be a song that i can't quite remember the start
.......... can kiss my arse, we are in the ZDS at last

Nope ZDS cup or Full Members Cup as it was als known was the competition for Div's 1 and 2

The JPT cup also known as the Associate members cup is the competition for the bottom 2 Divisions. Known as many cups over the years ie LDV cup, Leyland DAF cup, Auto Windscreens to name a few.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Nope ZDS cup or Full Members Cup as it was als known was the competition for Div's 1 and 2

The JPT cup also known as the Associate members cup is the competition for the bottom 2 Divisions. Known as many cups over the years ie LDV cup, Leyland DAF cup, Auto Windscreens to name a few.

Thanks for info
Now remember the song as it would have been the season after we were promoted from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier
Leyland DAF (or auto windscreens) can kiss my arse, we are in the ZDS at last

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here