smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Tomorrow. Cant wait :D

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Hardly been to any Palace games even though hate the scum with passion
All my old schools books were always filled with anti-Palace literature
Remember going to the johnstone paint pot game when they done us but there didn't seem much excitement around that game

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The Goldstone Ground
league 2
15th September 1984
Brighton 1 Palace 0
Wasn't just my first Albion vs palace game, it was my first Albion game full stop.
I stood in the east stand chicken run with my grandad, laughing at the palace kicking off in the south stand seats.

Anyone know the goalscorer that day?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Mine was the 5-0 at Smellhurst. I don't class myself as a JCL as i've been going to watch the Albion since about 1987/88, but what i can't work out is how i'd never have been to a Palace game before (i suppose i might have way back then and just not remember it). Does anyone know how many times we would have payed each other between about 1988 and the 5-0 defeat?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
0-0 at Withdean as was poorly for the 5-0 one.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Pre season friendly at the Goldstone in the early 90's. First league game was the 5-0 defeat at Smellhurst. Quite possibly the worst day of my life as a Brighton fan.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Mine was the 5-0 at Smellhurst. I don't class myself as a JCL as i've been going to watch the Albion since about 1987/88, but what i can't work out is how i'd never have been to a Palace game before (i suppose i might have way back then and just not remember it). Does anyone know how many times we would have payed each other between about 1988 and the 5-0 defeat?

Very few times. I started going in 92 and that season (5-0 and 0-0) was the first time we'd played them competitively I believe.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1956/57 season Easter fixture when we played a team on Good Friday or Easter Saturday and the return fixture on Easter Monday so they were always local derbies. Think they were both draws and Denis Foreman scored for us at The Goldstone possibly Johnny (Budgie)Byrne played for Palace. We were not bitter rivals in those days our rivals were Portsmouth

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I think 76 was 2-0, Sammy Morgan with both. That was my first.

The same for me, as a kid.
A Tuesday night in Feb 1976, 33,300 packed in but probably far more under the Bamber takings adjustment.

They were bad losers and tossed a couple of smoke bombs onto the pitch from their South Stand, causing a delay.
I remember their ski-jump nosed winger Peter Taylor facing barracking from the Chicken Run when he went to collect balls.

Great memories of the victory, my first game under lights, even now.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
1956/57 season Easter fixture when we played a team on Good Friday or Easter Saturday and the return fixture on Easter Monday so they were always local derbies. Think they were both draws and Denis Foreman scored for us at The Goldstone possibly Johnny (Budgie)Byrne played for Palace. We were not bitter rivals in those days our rivals were Portsmouth
They were both draws BG, 2-2 at Selhurst on Good Friday, 1-1 at the Goldstone on Easter Monday
The following Saturday The Albion beat Reading 8 - 3 at The Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here