Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite World Cup Team

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Cameroon 1990, Huge goalkeeping error cost the Argies the game, the keeper was dropped after that game, dont think i have seen anyone jump so high for the guy who scored the header and of course Roger Milla, who could forget that goal celebration

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Cameroon 1990, Huge goalkeeping error cost the Argies the game, the keeper was dropped after that game, dont think i have seen anyone jump so high for the guy who scored the header and of course Roger Milla, who could forget that goal celebration

The goalkeeper Pumpido wasn't dropped. He started their next match against the USSR, but he broke his leg in that match and was replaced by Goycochea, who then played in goal for the rest of the tournament.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I also liked the France team (Platini et al) which got knocked out in the Semi-final by West Germany in 1982. Patrick Battiston being knocked out quite literally by the Thug German Goalkeeper Harald Schumacher. It was the best football match I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yugoslavia and Holland 1998

England 2002

Germany 2006

Ghana and Holland 2010

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
While Brazil 1970 probably edge it, can't belive anyone hasn't mentioned Holland 1974. Hippies playing total football. Here they are teaching the reigning world champions how to play. And do the Brazilians not like it. Enjoy...

[yt]ZTs2iwMqVMg[/yt]

That Dutch Kit like their Football was sheer class.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Leave it out ganters! :lolol:

Seriously they reported to the people that they won it. When Portugal stuffed them 7-0 or something in the last WC they reported they won that game 7-0. Not sure if they won that tournament too and I'm not up for going over to find out. Their glorious leader also won gold in figure skating (or one of those type of events) at Sochi. Madness.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Seriously they reported to the people that they won it. When Portugal stuffed them 7-0 or something in the last WC they reported they won that game 7-0. Not sure if they won that tournament too and I'm not up for going over to find out. Their glorious leader also won gold in figure skating (or one of those type of events) at Sochi. Madness.

I want proof! Slev will pick you up from Gatwick. You heard it here first.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

Where did you get that info from? Can you supply links to back that up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here