Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite soul singers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Donny Hathaway, Sam Cooke, Nat King Cole, Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross, Stevie Wonder, Michael McDonald, Paul Carrack, Levi Stubbs, Marvin Gaye, James Ingram,
Dusty Springfield, Gladys "Empress" Knight, Aretha "Queen" Franklin,

I heard Michael McDonald on the radio this morning, excellent voice.
Unless I missed it you are the first to mention him and Donny Hathaway on this thread, Back Together Again by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway is good tune.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I'm a Stax/Atlantic person myself when it comes to Soul. Otis redding, Aretha Franklin and Al Green in particular.

But can't believe no-one has mentioned Wilson Pickett.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I heard Michael McDonald on the radio this morning, excellent voice.
Unless I missed it you are the first to mention him and Donny Hathaway on this thread, Back Together Again by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway is good tune.

I saw Michael McDonald in concert at Hammersmith about 5 years ago, still held a tune, as did Gladys when i saw her.....oh and Stevie.

How about a bit of English soul..... our man from Sheffield :lolol:

...And another one from Sheffield

Great thread chaps - I feel a Spotify playlist coming on from the tracks suggested, particularly the obscure ones.

...and whilst I am at it (and putting off starting work a little longer) how about this one - James Carr had the hit, this chap co wrote it along with other classics. Can white men sing the blues?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here