Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your favourite Albion memory

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm quite jealous of the posters who were at Hereford.

It was ****ing horrible to be honest. The equaliser was obviously a mental celebration but the next 20 minutes or so (what minute was the equaliser?) was the most uncomfortable and anxious I’ve ever been watching a game, especially that time when their attacker punted one straight at Ormerod.

Nah, enjoyed some of the Amex-era games much more: Norwich 5-0, QPR away 2-1 (that was the game I knew we were up) and Man Utd 3-2.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was at that game. We were awful and I think I’ve only just thawed out! I’ve been to Crewe a few times and it has to be one of the coldest grounds in the country!

2004/2005 season I believe, Dean Ashton was playing for Crewe wasn’t he?
Yes I think he was.

I’m glad to say the experience hasn’t put my daughter off, she still loves coming to football with me.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It was ****ing horrible to be honest. The equaliser was obviously a mental celebration but the next 20 minutes or so (what minute was the equaliser?) was the most uncomfortable and anxious I’ve ever been watching a game, especially that time when their attacker punted one straight at Ormerod.

Nah, enjoyed some of the Amex-era games much more: Norwich 5-0, QPR away 2-1 (that was the game I knew we were up) and Man Utd 3-2.

QPR away was bloody brilliant, true.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Charlton away - 2010 season.

F&cking marvellous football. An utter shame Poyet always thought he was bigger than us, because I always rated him - though I've always kind of been miffed that we didn't give him a war chest but when Hughton kept us up, he got one....

I always wondered after attracting Bruno and Vicente, who else could we have attracted?

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Norwich 5-0.

I dropped my pie coming out to my seat in the SW Corner when Murray bullied that god-awful keeper to slot it away because I was celebrating it.

Alex Neil's comments pre-match were brilliant and my girlfriend at the time was an Norwich fan, she didn't appreciate all the drunken texts i sent her after the match and they certainly weren't the dirty kind..

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Doncaster. First game at the Amex.
As I waved my blue flag in unison with everyone else, I’d never felt so proud to support this club.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Many of the above - but there was something about that game at Craven Cottage in 2016/17. I was stood right behind the goal, and therefore had a perfect view of Stockdale's penalty save, Hemed's penalty, and Dunk's winner just a minute later. That was an amazing afternoon - especially as Fulham pretty much outplayed us. What a wonderful season :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Many of the above - but there was something about that game at Craven Cottage in 2016/17. I was stood right behind the goal, and therefore had a perfect view of Stockdale's penalty save, Hemed's penalty, and Dunk's winner just a minute later. That was an amazing afternoon - especially as Fulham pretty much outplayed us. What a wonderful season :)

Great view from the other end :)

https://fb.watch/2IyOxiKDo6/

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
3rd May 1977 at the Goldstone beating Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 sitting on my Dad's shoulders while the team celebrated promotion from Division 3 against all will be my favourite moment.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Most of my good ones have already been mentioned.

Bristol Rovers at home in 1988 was undoubtedly one of the best. The North Stand was insane that day and then bouncing round on the pitch after. Ipswich (Wendy's last minute free kick) and Millwall the season we got to Wembley for the playoffs were brilliant as well. Ipswich a little better than Bristol if anything as I was older and had managed to have a few with the lads I went with in town first. The free kick hit the net and I still don't have the next ten seconds in my memory. The next thing I remember I was on the pitch in front of the Ipswich fans and trying to see where our scorer was. Then I thought "I'm going to get nicked here" before noticing about 300 people doing the same thing.

Wigan of course. Doncaster (Amex) of course. But sometimes days with friends are just as important. So I'm going to end with two games from the warmer months. Firstly beating Mansfield 6-0 in the first game back in Brighton after exile. Seeing everyone round the station in Brighton shirts again. Having a pre match pint in The Nightingale and then sitting with [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] , realising we were close enough to the front to abuse the lino and had decent people all around us. And the game. We could have scored 10. Mansfield couldn't live with us. Afterwards ended up drinking with Dick Knight in the Lord Nelson and having a piss next to Mickey Adams.

The other one was QPR away the season we went up. A lovely sunny afternoon and I met my mate who does not post on here outside a bar on the Thames river path. A few outdoor pints and then we found a family fried chicken place between the station and the ground that did absolutely banging drunk food and was full with a mixture of local people, QPR and Brighton. THAT free kick. I didn't even see it properly but I nearly ended up toppling into the lower tier from the top one. Afterwards walking down South Africa Road and the usual Ranger muppets were nowhere to be seen. The lad in front of us was Brighton. He turned with a smile and said "we've done it now" and I knew he was right.

I have to admit I did enjoy sitting on the second row at Withdean, exercising my rights as a paying customer and informing the match officials of their mistakes as I saw them!

So many memories over the years, drawing with Leeds at the Goldstone to stop them going up (for that week at least) at which point they decided to invade the pitch and coin the north stand!

The 2-2 away match at Liverpool, going 2-0 down and thinking it was all over before Byrne and Small brought us to parity. Johnny Crumplin's FG dummy moment with John Barnes.

The standout moment has to be Hereford away in "that match", I went up with a bunch of mates via Bath night before, the Mayo OG, Reinelt, the atmosphere, the Bulls, the last gasp miss by Hereford, the jumping Gritt, the mad scenes, and the glorious trip home. It puts yesterdays narrow loss to Arsenal into total perspective.

I don't get to travel to away games much any more, sadly, but these memories will stay forever.

Up the Albion!

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
In no particular order;

Brighton vs Bristol Rovers 1988. Hot day. Great day. The Goldstone was rocking that day.
Brighton vs Millwall playoff 1st leg 90/91.Thought Millwall we’re going to beat us to a pulp as they had Sherringham, Cascarino and Hurlock... but it felt like Mike Small had a barnstormer that day (as well Codner). Fantastic.
Liverpool 2-2. Coming from 0-2 down. Crumpling has Barnes in his pocket all match. First and last time I’ve seen my dad cry at a football match!
Finally, Bristol City play off final. Wasn’t there.. but on the final whistle the conga out side the pub in the Lanes up to Churchill square was something else!

Probably loads more but Those are the ones that spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here