Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your favourite Albion memory

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Getting off the train at Crewe, hoisting my 4 year old daughter onto my shoulders and taking her to her first professional football match.

We lost 3-1 (Jarrett scored for us).

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Mine is Cullip's header against Cheaterfield and the feeling after that game. The first time my team won anything in my lifetime.
Edit to say Cheaterfield was a genuine typo ��

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Love that video, OP. What team chemistry we had and some amazing leaders in that team (Calderon, Zamora, Rosenior, Sidwell, Greer, Bruno, Stephens, Stockdale even + Dunky).

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Running alongside the bus in the victory parade after promotion to the old division one, and watching the team come out at Wembley in ‘83.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
2-1 v Massive.

Had everything for me. And after that I truly believed.

Pocognoli didn't play that much but that cross for Knockaert's winner was a thing of pure beauty. Coupled with the QPR free kick, its like an amazing player suddenly appeared out of nowhere

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I can't honestly put Hereford as my 'favourite Albion memory' - it was all just too nerve-wracking. Amazing memory, but not favourite. Better from that season was the 4-4 against Orient, which not only had everything you could possibly want from a football match, but was my last trip to the Goldstone.

I would go with beating Wolves in 2017 at Molineux - which was the last time I cried at a football match. I dithered and dithered about getting a ticket, and got one of the last on sale. So glad I did.

Although I still have a very fond spot for the promotion game against Bristol Rovers in 1988(?), the culmination of a run of something like 7 wins in 8 games to get automatic promotion.

And maybe staring at the Wembley scoreboard for almost all of half-time still in a state of complete disbelief that we were a goal up.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
For me the 1983 FA Cup final and the 1984 home cup game V Liverpool that we won 2-0

With my son, the Swindon Semi final at the Withdean followed by the Play Off final at Cardiff.
Peterborough away when we won 3-0 and were unplayable.
The Man City cup game at the Withdean when they had just been taken over.
The Wigan game when we got promoted to the Premier.
The trip to Wembley under Hughton.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Away games in the late 70's, didn't miss many back then.
I often wonder how Me and my mates at 14 years old, used to get to Brighton station for 6.00am from a West Sussex village to catch the special train to Burnley or Cardiff. I seem to remember thumbing it, but we always got there.
King of the road Coaches from Worthing Seafront for London games.
Brilliant times and brilliant football

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brighton 2 Liverpool O FA Cup, 29 Jan 1984...... I remember being in a straight line with Terry Connor as he charged forwards and dropped his shoulder and curled it in past Grobbelaar as he came out.. could see that it was going in before it hit the back of the net... Marvellous scenes, never seen the NE away section clear out so fast at the final whistle !

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Generally it would be those home matches in the mid/late 70s when Wardy scored and you ended up being carried several steps down in the North Stand with the sheer tidal wave movement of the fans.

Specifically it would be the Wigan game in 2017 and those celebrations after the game ended - Dunky’s song being particularly memorable!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Most of my good ones have already been mentioned.

Bristol Rovers at home in 1988 was undoubtedly one of the best. The North Stand was insane that day and then bouncing round on the pitch after. Ipswich (Wendy's last minute free kick) and Millwall the season we got to Wembley for the playoffs were brilliant as well. Ipswich a little better than Bristol if anything as I was older and had managed to have a few with the lads I went with in town first. The free kick hit the net and I still don't have the next ten seconds in my memory. The next thing I remember I was on the pitch in front of the Ipswich fans and trying to see where our scorer was. Then I thought "I'm going to get nicked here" before noticing about 300 people doing the same thing.

Wigan of course. Doncaster (Amex) of course. But sometimes days with friends are just as important. So I'm going to end with two games from the warmer months. Firstly beating Mansfield 6-0 in the first game back in Brighton after exile. Seeing everyone round the station in Brighton shirts again. Having a pre match pint in The Nightingale and then sitting with [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] , realising we were close enough to the front to abuse the lino and had decent people all around us. And the game. We could have scored 10. Mansfield couldn't live with us. Afterwards ended up drinking with Dick Knight in the Lord Nelson and having a piss next to Mickey Adams.

The other one was QPR away the season we went up. A lovely sunny afternoon and I met my mate who does not post on here outside a bar on the Thames river path. A few outdoor pints and then we found a family fried chicken place between the station and the ground that did absolutely banging drunk food and was full with a mixture of local people, QPR and Brighton. THAT free kick. I didn't even see it properly but I nearly ended up toppling into the lower tier from the top one. Afterwards walking down South Africa Road and the usual Ranger muppets were nowhere to be seen. The lad in front of us was Brighton. He turned with a smile and said "we've done it now" and I knew he was right.

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
Most of my good ones have already been mentioned.

Bristol Rovers at home in 1988 was undoubtedly one of the best. The North Stand was insane that day and then bouncing round on the pitch after. Ipswich (Wendy's last minute free kick) and Millwall the season we got to Wembley for the playoffs were brilliant as well. Ipswich a little better than Bristol if anything as I was older and had managed to have a few with the lads I went with in town first. The free kick hit the net and I still don't have the next ten seconds in my memory. The next thing I remember I was on the pitch in front of the Ipswich fans and trying to see where our scorer was. Then I thought "I'm going to get nicked here" before noticing about 300 people doing the same thing.

Wigan of course. Doncaster (Amex) of course. But sometimes days with friends are just as important. So I'm going to end with two games from the warmer months. Firstly beating Mansfield 6-0 in the first game back in Brighton after exile. Seeing everyone round the station in Brighton shirts again. Having a pre match pint in The Nightingale and then sitting with [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] , realising we were close enough to the front to abuse the lino and had decent people all around us. And the game. We could have scored 10. Mansfield couldn't live with us. Afterwards ended up drinking with Dick Knight in the Lord Nelson and having a piss next to Mickey Adams.

The other one was QPR away the season we went up. A lovely sunny afternoon and I met my mate who does not post on here outside a bar on the Thames river path. A few outdoor pints and then we found a family fried chicken place between the station and the ground that did absolutely banging drunk food and was full with a mixture of local people, QPR and Brighton. THAT free kick. I didn't even see it properly but I nearly ended up toppling into the lower tier from the top one. Afterwards walking down South Africa Road and the usual Ranger muppets were nowhere to be seen. The lad in front of us was Brighton. He turned with a smile and said "we've done it now" and I knew he was right.

It was when That free kick at QPR went in that I really felt we were going up. I remember being hugged by a complete stranger in the upper tier as we all celebrated!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Hereford but was a real rollercoaster ride

Someone said Peterborough away in the cup in 1986 was a triffic day out

Brentford away in the cup when Garry Nelson scored that goal was an absolute joy

But the moment for me was my first experience of the Goldstone midweek under lights Albion Reserves 3 Charlton Reserves 0 watching along with 17000 others who had all gone along to get their cup tickets against the reigning league champions Derby County

Don’t get along to games now due to geography but you can’t take those memories away from me

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Was it Burnley at the Amex when we had 2 players sent off in the first 10 mins and lost 1-0 but the crowd were effing brilliant. In the same vein the play off against MASSIVE until they scored. The Amex really can rock.

Brighton 2 Liverpool O FA Cup, 29 Jan 1984...... I remember being in a straight line with Terry Connor as he charged forwards and dropped his shoulder and curled it in past Grobbelaar as he came out.. could see that it was going in before it hit the back of the net... Marvellous scenes, never seen the NE away section clear out so fast at the final whistle !

Memory of standing on the East Terrace and having a gre

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Virgo’s equaliser and the subsequent penalty shoot out win against Swindon. Unbelievable night.

Closely followed by the 3.1 win away to Southampton in Gus’s first game in 2009. That’s a very personal one! [emoji846]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Getting off the train at Crewe, hoisting my 4 year old daughter onto my shoulders and taking her to her first professional football match.

We lost 3-1 (Jarrett scored for us).

I was at that game. We were awful and I think I’ve only just thawed out! I’ve been to Crewe a few times and it has to be one of the coldest grounds in the country!

2004/2005 season I believe, Dean Ashton was playing for Crewe wasn’t he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here