Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your biggest Albion underachiever

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not forgetting of course the poison dwarf himself, Leon Knight.

Did he under achieve with us Harty? Yes in hindsight re his entire career but not whilst with us. Over achieved with us perhaps, considering what happened afterwards. Plus he was a short-arse. Actually he was just an arse.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Has to be Moheta Molango!! Had barely taken a bite of my hotdog when he scored, only to lose the contents whilst celebrating. :wozza: Had high hopes for him, clearly not as high as my hotdog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMGAHhNKiw4

Certainly a very strange signing given his immediate impact that day at Reading. Scoring seemed to get him dropped! From the club!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
David Gipp.....150 goals at youth and reserve team level, but not given a sniff in the first team. Yes he was small (5'7") but he knew where the net was. Shame.

That's a great shout to be fair.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Kennedy, liked to be known as "The Dog",, thought he was the dogs bollox, instead was just bollox

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Mick Ferguson - Played up front v Scumhampton in the FA Cup Quarter Final in 1986 and was simply utter excrement (one of my biggest disappointements of the Goldstone era).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ha ha yes we were only talking about him last night. Still not convinced he ever signed for us but turned up at 7.30 pulled on a shirt ran out scored four goals and disappeared just after the final whistle never to be seen again! Like some football marvel comic creation, a soccer ninja!!

I think it's a bit of myth that's built up around Wade. After all, it's a great fairy tale to tell of a footballer that no one has heard of who turns up, scores four, and is promptly never heard of again. Sometimes I even hear people say that that the Newcastle game was his first for us.

In fact, he scored for us before his most famous match, against Wolves the previous week, and then against Leicester the following month. The following season, his three goals in his seven games for a relegation side was certainly a decent strike rate.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think it's a bit of myth that's built up around Wade. After all, it's a great fairy tale to tell of a footballer that no one has heard of who turns up, scores four, and is promptly never heard of again. Sometimes I even hear people say that that the Newcastle game was his first for us.

In fact, he scored for us before his most famous match, against Wolves the previous week, and then against Leicester the following month. The following season, his three goals in his seven games for a relegation side was certainly a decent strike rate.

I remember his 4 that night, was right in front of the north goal in pole position. and the one v wolves but thought that was afterwards. I remember he was always a sub? Hadn't forgotten he was with us the following season mind but yes, you're right...stop spoiling the myth! His record for us was P1 G4! Legend.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Kitson. Complete and utter waste of money. But clearly talented - looked ace in the handful of times he appeared.

Codner didn't underachieve he was underrated. He put in some superb displays in that play off season.

Mark Gall was amazing. But injury ruined him.

Vicente's record of 2 wins in 18 starts (i think) considering his immense talent suggest huge underachievement.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I remember his 4 that night, was right in front of the north goal in pole position. and the one v wolves but thought that was afterwards. I remember he was always a sub? Hadn't forgotten he was with us the following season mind but yes, you're right...stop spoiling the myth! His record for us was P1 G4! Legend.

:) :clap:

Not that I saw it happen, but I think I have an inkling that he scored a hat-trick for Brighton's reserves in a 5-0 win over Southampton, which prompted him to get a slot in the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here