Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Amex Neighbours

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
very disappointed!!!!
the bloke sitting infront of me had the worst body odour ever. I could barely concentrate on the match.:annoyed:

When Buckley netted the winner he has jumping up and down with his hands up, and I almost threw up. I left my seat before the final whistle because of it.

I think it is highly disrespectful, rude, and not to mention disgusting that someone would go to a public event in such a way.

Next game I am going to bring one of theose deodorant bullet things, and give it to him. And if the problem persists I will make a complaint.

I usually wouldn't make a fuss over a odd smell, but this was just rank.

:sick:

Oh God I just went an smelt my shirt to make sure it wasn't me :ohmy: (It wasn't, my shirt smelt lovely :lolol:) I'm in N1A row W, and you know when you get one of those situations when you know you are innocent but just can't help feeling guilty :shrug: :lolol:
Anyway, feel for you fella. There's nothing worse than a constant reek of body odour.

Chuffed to bits with my neighbours. I'm sat on my own. My mates are mostly in the WSU and 1901. I prefer travelling with mates, but sitting/standing on my own. Have done since the days of the Goldstone. But I couldn't help feel a bit sad being alone when I was in the North. Two sets of 2 blokes either side of me, all top guys, and made me feel really welcome. Great view and terrific atmosphere too. Can't wait till Blackpool. (In family stand with my daughter for Gillingham.)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
very disappointed!!!!
the bloke sitting infront of me had the worst body odour ever. I could barely concentrate on the match.:annoyed:

When Buckley netted the winner he has jumping up and down with his hands up, and I almost threw up. I left my seat before the final whistle because of it.

I think it is highly disrespectful, rude, and not to mention disgusting that someone would go to a public event in such a way.

Next game I am going to bring one of theose deodorant bullet things, and give it to him. And if the problem persists I will make a complaint.

I usually wouldn't make a fuss over a odd smell, but this was just rank.

:sick:

It's funny you should mention that, because we noticed quite a few people who could have done with some good quality deoderant, we were lucky with people around us, no problems at all, but before and after the game my wife and the friends we were with all said about how many people had big body odour problems, I was in a queue after the game waiting to get drinks, and had to move to another queue, the guy in front of me absolutly stank of bad body odour, bloody disgusting!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Fans in 1901 seem 90% for real. A few minority corporate. Much better than I thought. Though they do seem to have put their rudest stroppiest steward up there!!!! Ugly Powercrazed twat

My brother-in-law is a 1901. He's not a bit posh. Not at all posh. But he could afford it and just wanted to be part of it.

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
In WSU and was delighted with the seats until midway through second half when the singers behind us started turning on the fans and abusing us for not joining in with every song they sang.

Hope theyre not permanent as the blokes in front were also starting to get pissed off and if they continue im sure it wont be long before theyre vocal chords are ripped out. :tosser:

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
A real mix of people where I am in Block A, WSU. Right next to me are a mum, dad and young boy who were a bit quiet at first but into the second half the dad was much more boisterous. Whether he just let his hair down, had got a little drunker or was just coerced into joining in by those around him I don't know but it was telling how different he was by the end of the game to at the start.

Otherwise it's a motley crue of usual suspects. Not the loudest section for sure, but everybody getting involved. A lot of standing and no complaining and a few lads were taunting the Donny fans with a little bad language and hand gestures which also went by unchallenged (which is a good thing obviously).

When Buckley smashed in his second the guy in front turned round and tried to hug me before realising it wasn't quite going to work, such is the gradient.

I think the biggest (pleasant) surprise was that at the final whistle it was still full and nobody seemed in any hurry to leave. In fact the majority of those around me all hung around right up until the Palace score was actually announced so they could cheer.

So first impressions are that I'm pretty happy with my neighbours. I purposefully chose the seat right at the end which means I don't have to get up to let other people in or out, and it also means I can stand up and lean against the south wall without obstructing anybody else's view. This definitely makes a difference, and although all of yesterday's goals were up the other end, this won't always be the case obviously, and I had a prime view of the incident in which Lua Lua got booked for diving (which he didn't do) amongst other things.

All in all, pretty pretty good although it is bound to get a little more tasty when the away end is full. Most of the Donny fans yesterday were bunched up on the east side of the stand, which left a big gap immediately to my right. When that place is chocka with Palace mugs I fully expect the atmosphere to be 100% rowdier.

Guessing I am quite near you, W3A row A? The family you describe sounded like the lot behind me. Not offensive, didn't moan about swearing, hand gestures or occasional standing. the lads either side of us seemed to be getting involved with the sing alongs. And thankfully no motormouth commentator types to be heard in the vicinity. Dead chuffed with my choice of seat all I'm all.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uridium

May 30, 2011
I knew there'd be some muppet who queried that. The shouting is not a problem, obviously. But non-stop for 90 minutes, with pretty much every single kick of the ball? I'm not over-exaggerating. It wasn't encouragement and cheering, but telling the players what to do or where to go next. Every. Single. Time. It gets a little bit irritating.
Agreed. Exactly what I had to put up with.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Is this in the northstand? Sure I saw a manly looking woman in the concourse.

Not connected in any way to football or this thread but there is a transexual who works at Asda Hollingbury who was eyeing me up sat morning. Really freaked me out. Thinking of shopping at tesco's or sainsburys in future.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Have an aisle seat and next to Hubby or Mum if he is working...... have great neighbours and some top guys behind us but the two seats in front appear to be corporate so i assume they will be different every week...... yesterday we managed to scare them away after only 10 minutes! (think the noise got to them:lolol:)

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
among the lumpenproletariat that tend to be found at football, but they seem a nice bunch.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Good question Razi. It's always a bit of a lottery who you end up next to and as STHs you're likely to be stuck with them for a long time. I think I did ok in WSL C block near the back near the aisle (S73 and S74 to be exact)

Seat next to me is my very good frined David. Albion fan for years but first time we have had seats together - we were like 12 year olds on Christmas Eve.

Think the guy next to David was a long time fan called Steve? Clearly an Albion nut - nice fella. And next to me were Dave "I told you it would be 2-1" and his friend Steve (I think) in the aisle seat. Both very nice guys. Can see that Dave an I will not agree about passing the ball around at the back (he hates it) but can't argue with his knowledge and passion.

Couple of guys I recognise from C block at Withdean directly in front of us - up on their feet at every transgression which was fine. Generally a good bucnh who had a bit of a sing song. No one objected to my occasional curse. Think it will be great.

Well well..4 of us were in WSL C, row R , seats 74-78.. :wave:

The other side of you, S77/78 had a couple of right numpties, who like the OP said, JUST. WANTED.TO.TALK.THE.WHOLE. FRICKIN.TIME...

It was like Statler and Waldorf had a bastard love child with John Motson.

10 minutes in, and it's 'Sparrows useless' (he wasn't great, but was involved in the goal, and nothing like being positive eh?) and when the North stand struck up with the new tune it was 'who do they think they are, Athletico Madrid?'
Large and tall friend in R74 couldn't hold back, and told them to turn it in twice.

Quite incredibly, i got yesterdays ticket due to the STH being away on holiday, but the STH will definatly be a LOT louder and boisterous than myself -Have fun..! :)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I've got an old couple behind me that like a moan. They moaned at the development squad at the SSCF, they moaned at our keepers last week and they moaned at Noone (!?) yesterday.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Very good so far. On one side of me and my sister is a STH: a guy who was loud and seemed nice (introduced himself at the begining which I though was great as I wanted to do the same but was to shy!) although my sister tells me that when he gets excited he uses his elbows a lot so she maybe black and blue down one side by the end of the season! lol but certainly better than someone quiet so hi Keith if you come on here.
On the other side I have a dad and his kid who I think are STH who also seemed good. Behind us are 4 people who I am not sure if they are STH or not (felt a bit sorry for one who was unable to stand and culdn't see when everyone else stood) but they seem ok and didn't really take much notice of those in front.

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
Very good so far. On one side of me and my sister is a STH: a guy who was loud and seemed nice (introduced himself at the begining which I though was great as I wanted to do the same but was to shy!) although my sister tells me that when he gets excited he uses his elbows a lot so she maybe black and blue down one side by the end of the season! lol but certainly better than someone quiet so hi Keith if you come on here.
On the other side I have a dad and his kid who I think are STH who also seemed good. Behind us are 4 people who I am not sure if they are STH or not (felt a bit sorry for one who was unable to stand and culdn't see when everyone else stood) but they seem ok and didn't really take much notice of those in front.

Are you in WSL around block B by any chance because that sounds a lot like my dad and I know he introduced himself at spurs but I wasn't sitting with him for Donny. If it is I will pass on the good comments and ask him to watch the elbows!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here