Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your ALBION mojo

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Often don't feel like going to games even though I have a season ticket, but happily my 14 year old son keeps me going, and I am usually happy that I have even if its only to spend time with him on his own.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Often don't feel like going to games even though I have a season ticket, but happily my 14 year old son keeps me going, and I am usually happy that I have even if its only to spend time with him on his own.

I concur. After my eldest was born I kept thinking there were better things to d on a saturday afternoon. And then after the birth of our youngest it seemed that saturday was about sopending time with them. Hoever this season, the eldest has his first season ticket and his enthusiasm, even at 2 years old has reignited my enthusiasm. But my wife has noted I rarely talk about the result but more about what a good time I've had with my son

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Belgium?? for a whole weekend?

Why the hell not! Something abit different rather than going to football every weekend.
To be fair its FA Cup 2nd round weekend when i go, so probabily won't be missing an Albion game at the current rate...

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Albion MOJO fully INTACT here.

I would go home and away if family and money permitted. I am proud to be an Albion fan and will ALWAYS mention it to whoever I speak to.

:clap2: agree 100%.

It is the general football 'fan' that gets me down. Having to listen to a bunch of f***ing plastics every Monday morning about one of 4 clubs they never go and watch is most depressing...:guns:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When I was living in Brighton, I went to 95% of home games through out our stay at Withdean. My last home game was Colchester on Boxing day.

I have moved to London and it has proven to be a useful excuse not to sit in the maudlin Withdean, waste £40+ to watch League One football and waste 2.5 hours of my life on the train. Losing doesn't even bother me anynmore and it used to ruin my weekend. Ho hum. Perhaps that will change.

I have found more exciting things to do at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. Probably doesn't help that none of my friends are massively into football, certainly not Brighton/League One.

Only Brentford (A) this season and I haven't got plans to go to a game in the near future.

To be honest, I have fallen out of love with football entirely. I do enjoy going to watch London Scottish play in Richmond. £8 to get in. Classic little ground. Cheap beer. Good atmosphere.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Home MOJO died years ago
Away MOJO is still there but its finding the time & funds to GET there which is proving very difficult!

Overall MOJO is down at its lowest point about now, only thing keeping it going is the prospect of FALMER!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Away Mojo still pretty high, I aim to get to double figures each season, although the geographical shift of matches to the South is bad news on the petrol consumption front.

Still try to get down for one home match a season, even at my age I get ridiculously excited at visiting the city that I only lived in full time for seven years, but for me is still 'home' despite having no family there and not lived there since 1985.

For me it is seeing friends, catching up with news, and feeling a sense of belonging that you can't get with a 'bigger' club that keeps drawing me back, and I hope it does until the day I die. There are too many memories, both good and bad, events from the laughable to the surreal, and emotional investment tied up with the Albion to ever give it up.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
To be honest, whilt I remember the top flight years, I was a young'un then and its been downhill, downhill, then civil war and homeless at gillingham. As such im still pleased we got back to brighton at all, and for the first time since, well I can remember I actually can see us being on the up, The zamorayears always had that "but no ground future" tag. With bloom that has gone. albion mojo never better since 1983.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Lost my Mojo in my youth when I discovered Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. Used to love travelling down to the Goldstone and then to Gillingham. Have only been to Withdean twice. I also loved going to away games. Used to get really excited about it but now my Mojo is on the wain not just with the Albion but also with footie in general

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like others I've lost my MOJO for football in general. All-seater stadia and outrageous ticket prices have played a large part in that.

I still love the Albion, I know that as defeats still piss me off and I care enough to get seriously worked up over things like the Wilkins sacking. No, I don't go to nearly so many games as I did when I was younger, only a handful a season now - mainly due to all-seater stadia and outrageous ticket prices.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A mate of mine was a bona fida Gooner, born and bred a mile or so from Highbury and a fanatical fan and North Bank season ticket holder, then almost overnight he lost the passion and hasn't given a toss about Arsenal or football for the past 15 years. He now lives in the States and it is through his seven year old son getting into 'soccer' that he recently got back into 'the Arse' and is flying over for a game at the Emirates in a few weeks, passion completely rekindled.

Stumpy Tim

Living over here has certainly reduced my interest to an extent. Having said that, I do still listen to the evening games on Seagulls World when the clocks are 11 hours ahead. But I just don't get pissed off when we lose anymore... it used to ruin my day

Having said that, when I get back to England on holiday I always try to get to a game & absolutely love it - especially away games. Withdean is toilet as a ground really. Bristol Rovers away at the end of last season was absolutely brilliant and games like that do tend to reignite the passion.

I should add that having this "loyal fan" badge is a bit poor. Personally I would be worried if my life as a 33 year old father (whose kid has no interest) still had me traveling to every game Brighton play. There are more important things in life

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Lost my Mojo in my youth when I discovered Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. Used to love travelling down to the Goldstone and then to Gillingham. Have only been to Withdean twice. I also loved going to away games. Used to get really excited about it but now my Mojo is on the wain not just with the Albion but also with footie in general

Kinda the same, In my youth i lived up wigan/manchester way and went to nearly every away game for about a 5 year period, Got down to the Goldstone when i could. I discovered as Cov said Sex,Drugs & psychobilly far more intresting. I then moved to London and used to travel down to the Goldstone nearly every home game, plus the odd london & surrounding area games gigs and drugs permitting. The Club needed our support around then and the passion for survival was fever pitch which included full commitment at Gillingham as i feared our club would not survive without the support so made the journey to kent nearly every game again. When the club did move back to Brighton i felt i had done my bit and vowed never to set foot in the withdean as i felt it was betraying the Goldstone ground, and i would wait until the New Ground was built. I do go to away games still but im very selective mainly london games. Now that Falmer is in sight and my family is about to grow i cant wait to take my little mite down to see the Albion at a proper home so much so we are moving down to Brighton this year to make that dream a reality. So NO i aint lost my MOJO...........

its been on hold :yahoo:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was a ST holder until we had the kids, since then the cost of supporting four people on one income means that I've considerably cut down on Albion trips. It's not just cost though - I only saw my kids for about 15 minutes a day when I was commuting to London, I didn't really want to spend a big chunk of my weekends away from them too. Now, they're a bit older, I can take them along but, they're not exactly begging to go so I don't think it will be a regular thing.

Thanks to Buzzer, I've been to one match this year and thanks to the Gully Gang freebies, I'll go to two more and I'll probably go to a couple of games on my own and that will be it.

As I was saying in another thread, I've lost interest in the Prem as well - I don't know if that has a connection with my weakening of interest in the Albion or whether it's vice versa.

Interesting to hear what BoF says about rugby. When I lived in London, I frequently went to London Welsh rather than travel to the football. It was about a quarter of the price, the bar served decent beer (the late, lamented Felinfoel Double Dragon) which you could drink while watching the game. If there was decent rugby in Sussex, it would be a very tempting alternative.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've lost my mojo for football in general.

Have to agree, but the love for Brighton will be the last to die. I only get to 3 or 4 a season anyway, but every game is great.

Actually, I lie, after Walsall away last season, for the first time ever I thought, WTF is the point of this. Miserable, miserable evening. Cold, shit football, shit team, no atmosphere from either set of fans, just me sitting on a chair in the cold watching 22 untalented players kicking a ball around in silence, and the side I was supporting losing 3-0 after, what, half an hour?

Thankfully, however, the win over Oldham at home was great and I loved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here