[Misc] Younger Brother dying.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
is it impossible to make it there in time? even if there is the smallest of chances you may feel better for having tried. My sympathies are with you and, as others have said, look after yourself.
Have made sure my older (arsehole) sibling can make it, sadly neither Mrs Jakarta or me are in driving mode for a 250 mile trip .

Funeral will be a different prospect in next few weeks.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had a phone call from Wigan Hospital earlier.

Apparently my younger brother was admitted over the weekend and is not expected to make it due to multiple organ failures, mostly liver. At 61...

No way I'm going to get up there in time to say goodbye.

I have had older members of my family going but my YOUNGER brother?
Sad to hear this, thoughts are with you :)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Really sad news I always think there should be an order to life after all we are born in order go to school in order take exams in order and so on but when we reach the other end that order goes out the window and for many who experience this disorder it hurts as life just isn’t fair.
The only words I can offer at this time is we the Albion family on NSC are thinking of you

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Many thanks to all those who have posted on this thread.

I won't go into details but it was pretty much self-inflicted, which doesn't make watching it any more pleasant.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have made sure my older (arsehole) sibling can make it, sadly neither Mrs Jakarta or me are in driving mode for a 250 mile trip .

Funeral will be a different prospect in next few weeks.
Sad news. I’m sorry.
You don’t have to be there to be there.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Had a phone call from Wigan Hospital earlier.

Apparently my younger brother was admitted over the weekend and is not expected to make it due to multiple organ failures, mostly liver. At 61...

No way I'm going to get up there in time to say goodbye.

I have had older members of my family going but my YOUNGER brother?
Very sorry to hear this news 😥

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That's absolutely dreadful news, jakarta.

We are all in your thoughts at the moment mate. 🙏
This.

@jakarta - We may mostly be ‘just’ anonymous posters on a football forum and maybe words can sometimes seem a bit hollow in this environment but remember there is a real live and caring person behind every single word
posted on this thread who is really feeling for you and very much with you in thought as you go through this.
😥

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Obviously any death of a close friend or relative is painful but as you say, younger brother.

All the best. Sorry, I know that sounds trite but I can't think of anything else to say. Your NSC family is thinking of you. :(

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
This.

@jakarta - We may mostly be ‘just’ anonymous posters on a football forum and maybe words can sometimes seem a bit hollow in this environment but remember there is a real live and caring person behind every single word
posted on this thread who is really feeling for you and very much with you in thought as you go through this.
😥
Cheers to all, have spent rest of my day getting in touch with relatives to give them the news, I feel like the last man standing.

I'll tell you what I am going to enjoy my next Amex game as if it was the first...

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Sorry to hear this. We went through something similar 5 years ago with my sister in law. We raced up to the QE in Birmingham and she was still alive but only just and passed away soon after at just 45. I don’t think it made things any better for us that we got there, but whatever you do or don’t do at those times has no right or wrong answer.

Stay strong and look after yourself, give yourself time to properly grieve too. 🙏

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports