Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Young seagulls Christmas party

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
I went and my little one really enjoyed it, but charging for car parking seemed to me like a blatant pi$$ take. I assume they don't charge a fiver any other day of the week when you pop to the club shop..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes,I agree with the car park comments, seemed excessive to me. Apart from that (and the disappointment of no pies) the kids really enjoyed it. Enormous queue to see Ulloa, so disappointed to miss Greer and Calderon. Didn't spot Oscar either which was a shame. Chatted to Bridcutt, Ashley Barnes and CMS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't spot Oscar either which was a shame. Chatted to Bridcutt, Ashley Barnes and CMS.

Oscar appeared at the autograph bun-fight.
10 seconds in he said he wanted a straight line in single file.
He pushed past me, happiest day of my life, on the edge of the Calde scrum, to get some help.

Within a minute Oscar got exactly what he wanted and was still signing 90 minutes later.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was a tremendous afternoon. The autograph sessions were well run (loved stats comment above). Oscar was a gentleman

Father Christmas was good but if you didn't get there early it may have been not worth the queue. Bruno and Orlandi were the elves when we went in. It was a case of 'oh there's santa......but there's something much better outside the grotto' for my kids.

Roller disco looked good and the toddler play area was well received.

So a free party and just 5 pound to park. Can't complain about that

Brighton_Rose

Up the Albion!
Aug 13, 2011
Withdean Brighton
We parked elsewhere and walked as had heard it was £10. Brilliant afternoon, like a treasure hunt hunting for the different players and meeting them and our favs. Shame we couldn't find some if them. They did a great job signing autographs and posing for pics all that time.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I caught a glimpse of the squad last night at Heathrow on my way home for the holidays. Must have been a long weekend for them.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Great time for my kids. My son loved the AITC kickabout/shooting part in the WSL concourse, and my daughter went autograph/photograph collecting. Managed to bag Kuszczak, Ince, Brezovan, Ulloa, Barnes, Mackail-Smith, Lua Lua and of course Oscar himself. All in all I was pretty impressed with the attendance and attitude of the Albion players, especially given that it was the day after an away match.

£10 for us to park. However it was more than worth it as Youngest Potting got the chance to meet her hero, KLL, point out that her replica shirt has his number on it and get his signature on said shirt.

Also got Calderon, Bruno, CMS, Greer, Ince, Barnes and Brezovan sigs (how tall is he, I'm 6' 3" and felt short against him) and pics. Didn't spot Bridcutt or Orlandi, the queue for Ulloa's signature was massive. Enjoyed last year, enjoyed this more as we spotted more players. Did wonder what the point of the penguins was but they did seem to have many people looking at them including some from the Club (youth team?) one of whom was keen to get his pic.taken with them!

Well done club and, as someone had mentioned already, to the players who had already had a busy weekend.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I took my 10 year old son to the party and he had a great time, got some good photos of him with Oscar and some of the players, he also got plenty of autographs.
As said above the attitude of the players was brilliant, Ashley Barnes was signing and having photos taken for ages, came accross as a very nice bloke.

It was funny seeing Penguins in the Harveys lounge.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thought it was free, as two FREE tickets arrived. On arrival was charged £10 for the Car Park!

Still, the boys had a great time.

Tim

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
£10 for us to park. However it was more than worth it as Youngest Potting got the chance to meet her hero, KLL, point out that her replica shirt has his number on it and get his signature on said shirt.

Also got Calderon, Bruno, CMS, Greer, Ince, Barnes and Brezovan sigs (how tall is he, I'm 6' 3" and felt short against him) and pics. Didn't spot Bridcutt or Orlandi, the queue for Ulloa's signature was massive. Enjoyed last year, enjoyed this more as we spotted more players. Did wonder what the point of the penguins was but they did seem to have many people looking at them including some from the Club (youth team?) one of whom was keen to get his pic.taken with them!

Well done club and, as someone had mentioned already, to the players who had already had a busy weekend.

6'6" which is why he's known as 2 metre Peter.

neilandthomas

Jun 21, 2012
My boy really enjoyed it yesterday and got plenty of autographs, but one has stumped me as to who it is, and I cannot find any record anywhere... Signed it with squad number 32. Any ideas who it may be?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My boy really enjoyed it yesterday and got plenty of autographs, but one has stumped me as to who it is, and I cannot find any record anywhere... Signed it with squad number 32. Any ideas who it may be?

Think 32 is Walton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here