Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Young Seagulls Christmas party [merged]

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
If you can get tickets next year go for it,my Grandsons had a fantastic time and we barely left the lower level,saw Marcus Painter,Ashley Barnes Bruno and the whole Gully family,the players were great with the kids,it was great to go pitchside and sit in the home dugout for a Gus eye view.
The whole thing was set up so well with loads for the kids to do.

Despite youngest Potting being in an unaccountably grumpy mood we enjoyed it and more by luck than judgement missed most of the queues. We got there in very good time as I had anticipated the shop being mobbed (it wasn't) and we wanted to get a hooded top for our oldest, hence we were near the front of the queue by 13:20 and the doors opened around 20' after that. Almost first to see Santa, and the girls got their pix taken with CMS and Bridge. Plenty of other players around (I am not one to collect autographs), saw Bruno hurrying to get somewhere (I suspect to see Santa) leaving Mrs Bruno and bambino in the buggy trailing behind!

All very jolly, interesting to see the "prawn sandwich" side of the ground and v. impressive it is too. Got to sit in the "dugout", guess who chose the seat that had filled with rainwater - surprised that they are not more weather proof.

Left us with a positive view of the club, will be back next year!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Seagulls Christmas party

Two free tickets per Gullys Gang/young Seagull membership,£5 parking fee though and no refreshments offered but the bars open for hot food and non alcoholic drinks.

I see. Pretty decent then. You'd end up paying alot more parking in Brighton and training it along.

(Not that you were grumbling) It seems young membership is excellent value with all the freebies thrown in and people complaining about parking prices are being unreasonable.

Last edited:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Bit surprised to be asked for the fiver but not bothered and anyone who objects could park at the Falmer pond or on the Universities I suppose.Great afternoon for the Kids and a chance to see some other bits of the ground for the grown ups.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Seagulls Christmas party

Just fantastic. Kids have gone football crazy since we got back. I think the only first team regular not there was Will Buckley. Loads of photos, autographs, etc. My son who plays left back chuffed to meet Marcos Painter and Wayne Bridge. A great afternoon.

He was dressed as Santa, baking a plum pudding at Delia's Christmas Party

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
My 7 year old daughters first Amex outing. Loved the stadium, sat in the dugout, had her picture taken with El Abd, Inigo, Gus, Dicker, Bridcutt, Lua Lua, Dunk, Greer, Bridge and CMS! Loved every second, all the staff were excellent, the activities were plentiful and interesting. The players were very approachable, friendly and obliging for photos etc.
Hats off to the club, to lay on this free event for the next generation of fans is brilliant.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see. Pretty decent then. You'd end up paying alot more parking in Brighton and training it along.

(Not that you were grumbling) It seems young membership is excellent value with all the freebies thrown in and people complaining about parking prices are being unreasonable.

Totally agree: can't believe people are moaning about something like this - it's a free event with loads to do and a fiver for a few hours isn't completely outrageous.

I took my two and they had a fantastic time. My little boy's not been well but he forgot how rotten he was feeling and thoroughly enjoyed himself. He had his photo taken with Barnes and his shirt signed and he thought that was wonderful. My daughter's favourite player is KLL and she got her pic with him.

Thought the event was brilliant: loads to do and not loads of queues for everything. Agree with everyone's mentioned how approachable the players are. But they didn't just sign autographs and pose for pix, they joined in too. Saw Kaz, Hammond and Bridcutt playing some ferocious games of table football with some young fans, Calde joining in with the circus skills and Germaine being very chatty to the kids. A great afternoon all round.

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
Definitely top marks for the players this afternoon all fantastic with the kids happy to sign and take pictures including Gus and Mauricio, and has totally made my daughters day. Makes for one happy pappy :)

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Seagulls Christmas party

Excellent day yesterday. Lots more to do compared with last year. Great turn out from the players and good to see some Gus there too. Eldest Rouse Son made up with getting his shirt signed by Barnes and I was chuffed to see Bridge to be honest.
Great day as usual

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Why are you kids ginger bearing in mind you are a slap head and your wife is kind of blonde like mine is ?

Albeit my wife is an airline blonde but natural on top if you know what I mean.

Priceless. The award for not posting while pissed goes to......

I hope mini and junior don't read this.

D

Deleted User X18H

Priceless. The award for not posting while pissed goes to......

I hope mini and junior don't read this.

I do believe Beachy is referring to the excellent article featuring the two adorable children

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Albion Xmas Party....awesome!

What a great day we had at the Amex yesterday, met so many of the players with the exception of Liam and Bridgey. Wonderful advert for the club and Kucszak was very accomodating in the Arts n Crafts...bent his ear and had to be dragged away by the missus!

Made my daughter's day meeting CMS in the grotto.

Merry Xmas one and all and 3 points v Watford.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::clap2::clap2:

Did anyone else see Charlie Oatways bushtukker trial?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here