Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Young Millwall Fan get lessons from his good old Nan

el punal

When I was working for Royal Mail a few years back we used to have a weekly team talk(!) on the shop floor. Basically it was just an easy way for the management to issue instructions, directives and any other information to the workforce.

One of the points raised by this particular manager was regarding the amount of swearing that was going on in the building, and it had to stop forthwith.

" About f***ing time too! " said one wag from the back of the room.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Drivel.

You are clearly not a parent yourself. Come back when you do as your views will change

Wrong. Most consider the 'what's heard at the football stays there' principle good parenting. Some might consider the fact I even taken them to the football as irresponsible.

Minus the bit at the end, I witness this in households up and down the country and allows me to get out of the brighton bubble.

Due to the circumstances and conditions of their living, I guarantee you would not be confronting parents about it not being right to swear in front of their kids.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
A mate was giving me driving lessons in the streets round the old Den in the 80's. I was taking my time getting onto a busy main road, when I saw in the mirror the woman behind get out her car and storm up to my open window.

"What you doing, you f****** syphylitic c**t? I've got a sp**tic in my car."

She then stormed off back to her car.

Did she say anything back to you?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
When we played Millwall in the play off a car pulled up, rear window then wound down, and a young teenage girl looked at me and my father and said cünt, then wound the window up and drove off. Charming.

I take it you weren't wearing any colours and they were a good judge of character???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wrong. Most consider the 'what's heard at the football stays there' principle good parenting. Some might consider the fact I even taken them to the football as irresponsible.

Minus the bit at the end, I witness this in households up and down the country and allows me to get out of the brighton bubble.

Due to the circumstances and conditions of their living, I guarantee you would not be confronting parents about it not being right to swear in front of their kids.
It's not about swearing in front of kids though. I have always thought that words on their own can't be offensive, it's how you use them. My son's been taught this, and the fact that children swearing is offensive, so he hears / knows all the words but doesn't use them.

He's been to the football loads and finds the swearing hilarious, but he doesn't repeat it. He actually told me off on holiday recently when I'd had a few too many cocktails and "was saying f'ing this and that too much".

That video is the complete opposite of this. It's disgusting.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
The bit at the end is obviously inexcusable, but it's clear she has not taught him that from her reaction, and is likely to be something he's picked up in the stands. It's a risk taking your children to the football, especially when you support Millwall..

My kids go to football, they're 7 and 9 they know racism is wrong. Wherever they hear it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds to me as if you're saying "it's ok that this child is swearing because they're quite obviously poor, what do you expect?"

Apologies if I've read your posts wrong.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Hope this young man finds an appropriate (not too testing) career path because if he doesn't he will be looking for scapegoats...and it couldn't possibly be his dear old Nan's influence that rendered him unemployable.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not sure that the video should be public. Once something goes on the internet it's up forever. Obviously that young lad says is wrong but he's not at fault here and there's a real risk that he could get picked on or it could seriously f*ck his life up. He doesn't even look like he's at school age. He should be afforded the same protection and anonymity that children are normally given.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I'm not sure that the video should be public. Once something goes on the internet it's up forever. Obviously that young lad says is wrong but he's not at fault here and there's a real risk that he could get picked on or it could seriously f*ck his life up. He doesn't even look like he's at school age. He should be afforded the same protection and anonymity that children are normally given.

Nobody batted an eyelid when Charlie bit that other kid's finger.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it just me, or do policemen look younger these days?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh good, something else for the alive to be outraged brigade.

If people want to teach their children/relatives football chants involving expletives then who am I to judge. These words may very well be part of their lives already with what looks and sounds like a very impoverished family.

The bit at the end is obviously inexcusable, but it's clear she has not taught him that from her reaction, and is likely to be something he's picked up in the stands. It's a risk taking your children to the football, especially when you support Millwall.

The most disturbing thing for me is whoever actually kept this movie and made it available online, whether it be friend or relative who obviously found it funny and/or wants the hits for something that will knowingly outrage people.

Not outraged in the least. Just pissed off that the poor little f***er doesn't stand a chance and that I'll be paying his benefits. Thanks to her

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I would've been sent to bed early after a round of shouting from both parents if I had done that at that age.

What compels you to teach kids that? Let alone your own Grandkids FFS!?!?!?!!!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh good, something else for the alive to be outraged brigade.

If people want to teach their children/relatives football chants involving expletives then who am I to judge. These words may very well be part of their lives already with what looks and sounds like a very impoverished family.

The bit at the end is obviously inexcusable, but it's clear she has not taught him that from her reaction, and is likely to be something he's picked up in the stands. It's a risk taking your children to the football, especially when you support Millwall.The most disturbing thing for me is whoever actually kept this movie and made it available online, whether it be friend or relative who obviously found it funny and/or wants the hits for something that will knowingly outrage people.

I totally disagree - You don't learn these things on the stands a t a football match. And it's not only Millwall. I have heard it at Stoke, Man City, Wigan, Walsall, West Ham, Newcastle and many more.

These things are picked up at home and people take the same words and views to Football matches. There is no club works harder in this country than Millwall to try and eradicate Racism from their terraces but judging by what I seen in that clip, they are fighting an uphill battle because expletives and racist slurs are obviously encouraged and not chastised in early life.

We are for the most part what our parents, our family and peers make us and I would suggest that this young lad has a difficult struggle in life ahead with a family promoting such views and values to him at that age.

So don't blame Millwall, blame the Parents. The language in the whole clip is absolutely disgusting. I was brought up in a very poor family and no way was that sort of language encouraged

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here