Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You Know When You're Getting Old When.........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bizarre. I was thinking this when I started using cycle clips this week.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When you start planning your route to and from the football on the availability of toilet facilities on any given route.

I do that on ANY route - even if i'm going somewhere for a meeting, i want to make sure there's a loo nearby...it's a nerves thing.

I'm not that old though, i'm not even 30 yet :(

getz

Jan 15, 2010
When you look at an attractive woman in her 60's. By the way there aren't many.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
When I was younger I thought once I got a girlfriend I'd stop masturbating. I realised I was old when I started thinking "I can't wait for you to go to the toilet so I can have a ****".

el punal

1. Have a Senior Railcard - good value for coming to the Amex and away trips.

2. Entitled to a bus pass.

3. Getting a discount for Charlton away game (over 60 not 65).

4. Not being able to wear white trousers anymore.

5. The waist of your trousers ascend to your nipples - this is a progressive state dependant on advancement of years.

6. The compulsory 40 winks in the afternoon.

7. You drop all your loose change at a busy supermarket check-out when trying to give the exact amount.

8. Music stopped being any good after 1982.

9. Anything with an "i" preceding it, as in i-phone, i-pad, i-nternet comes from another planet and should be treated with utmost caution and bewilderment.

10. For all items technical/technological refer to your off-spring (in my case daughters) to sort out - it's what they expect.

I'm sure that there are loads more instances but I'm afraid it's time for my afternoon nap - sweet dreams!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Shaking head in disapproval when someone in the group pulls out a can of Stella Artois at 9am on the train to somewhere up north.

It takes days to get over jet lag.

Looking in the mirror for grey hairs and darkening them with hair gel.

Remembering nearly every football manager as a player.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Shaking head in disapproval when someone in the group pulls out a can of Stella Artois at 9am on the train to somewhere up north.

Shaking head in disapproval when someone pulls out a can of Stella Artois anytime, anywhere, ever, is a sign of good taste, not age.

It takes days to get over jet lag.

The only time I ever took days to get over jet lag was when I was 18. I actually find it gets easier as you get older.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's been said that middle-age occurs when the broad mind and narrow waist change places.

When I'm tying up my shoelaces, I'm now wondering if there's anything else I need to do down there before I get up again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Suddenly realising that people giving out club flyers stop giving you them.

Or worse, a lovely lady actually singles you out for a flyer....and it turns out to be for a hair loss clinic. This happened to me in Holborn.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
They say that three things go when you get older. The first is your memory and I can't remember the other two.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Reminds me of the comment that when you bend down to do up your shoelace, you have a look around to see what else you can do while you're down there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You hear your father's words coming out of your mouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here