Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yorkshire Tea

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Yorkshire tea is excellent, especially the specially formulated one for hard water.

I'd never tried it until I was given a free box (my brother is their* Sales Director!)

*Taylors of Harrogate

Seconded

D

Deleted member 18477

Yorkshire tea is great

PG tips are great

Tetley tea is great

Guess what? Sainsburys own brand tea is great!

Tea isn't like coffee for me. Fresh coffee is A LOT nicer than the instant stuff. Tea is just tea though!

I've never used tea leaves? Is that where I'm going wrong? Are tea leaves like a fresh coffee and tea bags like instant coffee?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Used to quite like it although my favourite is Twining's Lady Grey but I mostly drink decaff tea now.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Yorkshire tea is excellent, especially the specially formulated one for hard water.

I'd never tried it until I was given a free box (my brother is their* Sales Director!)

*Taylors of Harrogate

Yep, the one for hard water works well down here. Good stuff, introduced to it recently by a family member up at uni in yorkshire.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Mornings I have a first flush Darjeeling from a bloke at Borough Market, During the day an Earl Grey from Fortnums, afternoons a second flush Darjeeling from the afore mentioned and at night "Lemon Shimmer" (a green tea mixed with lemon peel)from the Tea Palace. I gave up drinking 14 years ago and was forced to give up coffee a couple of years ago. I seem to have become a bit obsessional about tea.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Why does everyone use teabags? Loose leaf is SO much better. Sainsburys Red Label Loose leaf - not expensive and much better than teabag shite.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Why does everyone use teabags? Loose leaf is SO much better. Sainsburys Red Label Loose leaf - not expensive and much better than teabag shite.

Actually - sainsbury's red label loose leaf is a really nice cuppa - Loose leaf is great but I guess we have all got a bit lazy with just popping a tea bag in a mug.

Tea always tastes better too out of a decent bone china cup I think x

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Coop'99 tea. Originally called prescription tea. Sorts me right out. Def my preferred classic tea.
Otherwise I like a darjeeling for elevenses, assam at lunch, earl grey for afternoon and lapsang souchong eventime.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mornings I have a first flush Darjeeling from a bloke at Borough Market, During the day an Earl Grey from Fortnums, afternoons a second flush Darjeeling from the afore mentioned and at night "Lemon Shimmer" (a green tea mixed with lemon peel)from the Tea Palace. I gave up drinking 14 years ago and was forced to give up coffee a couple of years ago. I seem to have become a bit obsessional about tea.

Ya think?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

It is better but not so useable in an office environment due to the extra equipment required!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yorkshire Tea , if you add boiling water to milk and dunk the tea bag in to make sure its not too strong you can use the tea bag again next time.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Yorkshire Tea , if you add boiling water to milk and dunk the tea bag in to make sure its not too strong you can use the tea bag again next time.

This is wrong on so many levels.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I had a great cup of tea in a traditional tea shop in Middleham in Yorkshire once and asked them what tea they used. It was Yorkshire tea, but the regular sort because of the soft water up there. The stuff for hard water is better for down here, and Yorkshire Gold is even better than that.

Amazing really, as you'd think it would be too cold to grow tea in Yorkshire most of the time ... *

* only joking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here