Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

York Mosque shows the way for all of us

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Does something like 7/7 need to be 'highlighted'? Does somebody being beheaded on the streets of London need to be 'highlighted'?
What are the EDL actually telling anybody, that they dont already know?
EDL are part of the problem now. When you have right wing groups attacking muslims, because they are muslims, on the basis of actions by RADICAL muslims, then they are part of the problem...If you attack moderate muslims, then its quite possible you radicalise them.
I think the day after the horrific incident last week, 5000 muslims turned out for a service for the boy.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Does something like 7/7 need to be 'highlighted'? Does somebody being beheaded on the streets of London need to be 'highlighted'?
EDL are part of the problem now. When you have right wing groups attacking muslims, because they are muslims, on the basis of actions by RADICAL muslims, then they are part of the problem...If you attack moderate muslims, then its quite possible you radicalise them.

Well here you have it, terrorist attacks are all the fault of the EDL.:ffsparr:

Got to be the most cringeworthy post ive read on here in yonks.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Your final sentence seems to imply that all Muslims are violent. The VAST majority abhor what happened last week. There was a Muslim peaceful demonstration yesterday around the war memorial in Newbury, according to our local news, abhorring the violence and expressing support for our troops. The family of one of the perpetrators have publicly apologised for what was done. The "Radical" Muslims are very much in the minority.

So where the IRA, active members about 1,500 out of 3 mill plus Irish Catholics. But enough for all hell to break loose at times.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Well, I mentioned 200 attacks on Muslims..that included mosques?...Did the same thing go through my mind? After reading some of the EDL pages, urging people to burn down mosques, well, not really...I doubt if muslims would burn down their own places of worship..
Who likes radical Islamists? Certainly not me. ..
Im sorry, was it required that I denounce extremist muslims? I would have thought that was a nailed on point anyway? Most people do anyway?
What concerned me, was, and ill repeat it again, was that I believed it was not necessarily a muslim who did the graffiti..considering far right groups attempts
to start a 'civil war' in the UK, by ratcheting up tensions, that were already high... . its still not confirmed it was a muslim, unless you know something different?
I notice you are not 'denouncing' Nazi salutes by EDL members at a British War Memorial, but I have to denounce militant Islamists who nobody has any time for...?

I could say the same about people claiming to be "English defenders" vandalising memorial of people that have indeed defended England though couldn't I ? Double standards

Do I have to denounce nazi's ?
was it required that I denounce extremists & nazi's? Is it not a nailed on point ?

Yes I'll denounce people giving the nazi salute anywhere & I'll denounce attacks on innocent Muslims but I hardly think you can lump somebody giving a flippant nazi salute (as vile as it is) as being the same as somebody that has gone out of their way to actively seek or promote terrorism abroad & then come back to hack a man to death in the street after mowing him down.

If you believe the EDL is capable of graffiti for things they have done then you should believe fundamentalists are capable of at least the same

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well here you have it, terrorist attacks are all the fault of the EDL.:ffsparr:

Got to be the most cringeworthy post ive read on here in yonks.

You believe they help?
You believe that 'reporting' a story of a child being raped by muslims in a school toilet helps?
You believe that 'reporting' a story of a woman being attacked in her house by a 'horde of screaming muslims' helps?
Nobody has said that the terrorist attacks are the fault of the EDL... but its the sort of thing I expect you to say.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Based on the EDL form, yes, I would have doubts about this issue, but what ive consistantly said, was, I think its best to wait and see some evidence first....
before the Newcastle demo, the EDL leaderships put out a nonsense story of a 7 year old being raped by a gang of muslims in a school toilet in Luton, in order to
build up their numbers before their demo...the demo before that, the deputy leader was attacked by a 'gang of armed muslims at his house'...also bollocks...so I believe these people are capable of anything....

How do you view EDL people giving nazi salutes opposite the womens war memorial in Whitehall?
These are the sort of people we are dealing with here, along with radical muslims....if you condemn radical islam, which I hope we all do, then you have to
condemn neo nazis posing as 'patriots'.

Do you mean this load of bollocks?

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/...ping-boy-at-mosque-0-133114.xnf?BodyFormat=0&

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think the day after the horrific incident last week, 5000 muslims turned out for a service for the boy.

All this shit is down to ****wits on both sides, acts like Woolwich add fuel to the fire of both sides of people who want to further fight between Muslims and the west.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
You believe they help?
You believe that 'reporting' a story of a child being raped by muslims in a school toilet helps?
You believe that 'reporting' a story of a woman being attacked in her house by a 'horde of screaming muslims' helps?
Nobody has said that the terrorist attacks are the fault of the EDL... but its the sort of thing I expect you to say.

Where have you read all this mate ?
I'm not saying what you're saying isn't true just wondered if you should stop going on their forums & reading what they're spouting

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I could say the same about people claiming to be "English defenders" vandalising memorial of people that have indeed defended England though couldn't I ? Double standards

Do I have to denounce nazi's ?
was it required that I denounce extremist nazi's? Is it not a nailed on point ?

Yes I'll denounce people giving the nazi salute anywhere & I'll denounce attacks on innocent Muslims but I hardly think you can lump somebody giving a flippant nazi salute (as vile as it is) as being the same as somebody that has gone out of their way to actively seek or promote terrorism abroad & then come back to hack a man to death in the street after mowing him down.

If you believe the EDL is capable of graffiti for things they have done then you should believe fundamentalists are capable of at least the same

YEs, Islamic radicals are very capable of doing the same, but I need to see some proof first, before I make that decision...When you see, for 3 years, 'English defenders' giving the nazi salute (this is not the first time), and picturing themselves armed with guns, and wearing swastika emblems... then I dont actually consider them to be 'defenders of England'. The far right, dont actually consider people who are not 'far right' to be even English.
They are also an extremely racist organisation...and that is without ANY doubt...what they say is in direct contrast to what they do....and I find them as abhorrent, as Islamic radicals tbh
To be clear...I abhor fundamental Islamic radicals...but they are a tiny minority of the Islamic population of the UK...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Where have you read all this mate ?
I'm not saying what you're saying isn't true just wondered if you should stop going on their forums & reading what they're spouting

Ill give you a link that gives you an overview...its from a left wing group, but they have screenshot the pages etc..When you see things like this
scrawling islam on a memorial to inflame isnt beyond the bounds of possibility.

http://www.edlnews.co.uk/index.php/...er-fire-over-sickening-child-gang-rape-claims

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
YEs, Islamic radicals are very capable of doing the same, but I need to see some proof first, before I make that decision...When you see, for 3 years, 'English defenders' giving the nazi salute (this is not the first time), and picturing themselves armed with guns, and wearing swastika emblems... then I dont actually consider them to be 'defenders of England'. The far right, dont actually consider people who are not 'far right' to be even English.
They are also an extremely racist organisation...and that is without ANY doubt...what they say is in direct contrast to what they do....and I find them as abhorrent, as Islamic radicals tbh
To be clear...I abhor fundamental Islamic radicals...but they are a tiny minority of the Islamic population of the UK...

I too do not consider them defenders of England just to make it clear & do not claim to be supporting them / fighting for their causes (whatever they are) but if you need proof to point the finger at one group then the same should apply to both as they both are more than capable if we are looking at their past exploits

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I too do not consider them defenders of England just to make it clear & do not claim to be supporting them / fighting for their causes (whatever they are) but if you need proof to point the finger at one group then the same should apply to both as they both are more than capable if we are looking at their past exploits

Yes, they are both more than capable...which is essentially my point... to say immediately it was a muslim ...?.. I couldnt ...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I agree with this post but you have come across like you are blaming certain people & trying to come up with theories that rule out other people.
That's what Dave does, haven't you noticed the trend?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Yes, they are both more than capable...which is essentially my point... to say immediately it was a muslim ...?.. I couldnt ...

But you could say it was the EDL.
That was my point, as if radical Islamists are somehow morally above doing that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have a huge mistrust of the EDL, and far right groups, and their motives in Britain...
...perhaps for balance you should also show the same emotive response can apply to a good number of Islamic groups who also have an unsavoury set of proposals for the future of Britain.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
...perhaps for balance you should also show the same emotive response can apply to a good number of Islamic groups who also have an unsavoury set of proposals for the future of Britain.

Emotive response? Mistrust of British fascists? Maybe it is emotive, but considering their recent track record, one im comfortable with.
Im certainly not comfortable with radical Islam, the same as everybody, but their cirminal acts are not being done in 'my name'..
How some groups from a muslim population of less than 5% of the populations plans are laid out for the UK doesnt really concern me tbh, as its
not something that is lilely to ever happen anyway....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here