York Mosque shows the way for all of us

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fine , if you truly feel this is the case can we please dispense with all this "they are as British as you and me " Bollox , at best their loyalties are divided ,at worst they feel a stronger attachment to their religion than to their so called nationality .

Who are 'they' Bushy? and how are you speaking for 'them all?

(for the record I have never said they are as British as you and me)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You are sneering though BF, from 12,000 miles away. Do you think that i do not go outside Sompting, in the last few years i have worked in London, Crawley, Croydon, Brighton, and have worked and lived in the Midlands, and worked in the North. I think i might have a better view than you that lives across the other side of the world.
Obviously you do not have to worry what happens over here really....for some who live here and have their roots and their children growing up here, they feel they have cause to worry, some here feel they have no cause to worry and obviously argue and debate against my opinions. You need not worry the Aussie government seem to have your best interests at heart.
Although the vast majority of us and England have no problems with other religions or colours, such as Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists etc, no trouble from the many Chinese, Thais, Indians, Filipinos etc...in fact most Asians, i'm afraid the Muslims are trouble.
As stated the BBC and most other medias just report say 6 men arrested, some will put Asian (which annoys and stigmatises the Asians mentioned) instead of Muslim. The bombings, the grooming, the sharia courts, the no go areas are all muslim. Sad but true.

Many of your posts deserve nothing more than sneering

For example

i'm afraid the Muslims are trouble.

I live opposite a Muslim lady and will exchange pleasantries with her this morning as I leave for work. I will remember though that she is trouble and not let her watch my kids again.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

For example

I live opposite a Muslim lady and will exchange pleasantries with her this morning as I leave for work. I will remember though that she is trouble and not let her watch my kids again.

Now you are being silly, you live opposite a Muslim lady and you pass the time of day eh. Is the area a predominately Muslim area? are their no go areas? has your area or indeed the country you reside in had a 7/7, an off duty soldier butchered, 54 grooming cases in many towns across the country you reside in?. Have you had the problems on the scale in the UK. Feel free to post likewise.
I tend to take more notice of views from people that actually live here, whether they agree with me or not. The two people that are most vociferous against my opinion, and it is my opinion, do not even live in this country, as i said, it will not effect you 12,000 miles away......so don't worry, at the moment.
Silly again.
Quote BF. "I live opposite a Muslim lady and will exchange pleasantries with her this morning as I leave for work. I will remember though that she is trouble and not let her watch my kids again."
My post mean't that i am worried for my childrens future, as well you know. I realise that this was a left wing tactic for either avoiding the subject/deflecting, or trying to subtly (or not in this case) change the context in which it was written.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
nowadays your mate would have the full weight of the law and public opinion against him. the problem is you will have a large swathe of the population far more wary of criticizing any muslim harassment of gay people than white Brightonians (this happened a lot in Brighton not so long ago youngsters, it hasnt always been as tolerant and left leaning as it is now. Kids used to fire air rifles into the bushes at Dukes Mound.).

The police may prosecute indiscriminately, and rightly so, but we do have a culture where there is a reticence to criticize certain sections of the 'community' on an equal footing, based on the prevailing culture of recent decades that these communities need added protection and to be treated with kid gloves.

We dont have any more time for wishful thinking about community relations in this country, Woolwich WAS the day everyone dreaded. Things will not go back to normal any more.

Things might have moved on since the indecent BF stated, he's talking about when he was at school, blimey how long ago was that.
People that live here are well aware that "criticizing any muslim harassment " is deemed as....well you know what it is deemed as.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Now you are being silly, you live opposite a Muslim lady and you pass the time of day eh. Is the area a predominately Muslim area? are their no go areas? has your area or indeed the country you reside in had a 7/7, an off duty soldier butchered, 54 grooming cases in many towns across the country you reside in?. Have you had the problems on the scale in the UK. Feel free to post likewise.
I tend to take more notice of views from people that actually live here, whether they agree with me or not. The two people that are most vociferous against my opinion, and it is my opinion, do not even live in this country, as i said, it will not effect you 12,000 miles away......so don't worry, at the moment.
Silly again.
Quote BF. "I live opposite a Muslim lady and will exchange pleasantries with her this morning as I leave for work. I will remember though that she is trouble and not let her watch my kids again."
My post mean't that i am worried for my childrens future, as well you know. I realise that this was a left wing tactic for either avoiding the subject/deflecting, or trying to subtly (or not in this case) change the context in which it was written.

This is where you live BF, so you are hardly an expert as to what is going on in the towns and cities of England, very very very few Muslims eh.
78.4% of people from Geelong are Australian born, with the most common overseas birthplaces being: England (3.6%), Italy (1.1%), Croatia (1.0%), Netherlands (0.9%), Scotland (0.8%). 14.2% of households speak a language other than English in the home.[1] Notable ethnic groups in the city are the Croatian community, who first came to the city in the 1850s[86] and with migration since World War II are now the largest Croatian community in Australia,[87] and the German settlers who founded Germantown (now Grovedale) in 1849 to escape repression in Prussia for their Lutheran faith.[88]
St Mary of the Angels Basilica

The 2006 Census found the most common religious affiliation in Geelong was Catholicism at 29.4%. St Mary of the Angels Basilica is the largest congregation in the city. Other affiliations of resident of Geelong include No Religion 20.5%, Anglican 14.6%, Uniting Church 7.9% and Presbyterian and Reformed at 4.3%.[1] The city has a large number of traditional Christian churches, as well as Orthodox Christian churches in the northern suburbs.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

For example

This is where you live BF, so you are hardly an expert as to what is going on in the towns and cities of England.
78.4% of people from Geelong are Australian born, with the most common overseas birthplaces being: England (3.6%), Italy (1.1%), Croatia (1.0%), Netherlands (0.9%), Scotland (0.8%). 14.2% of households speak a language other than English in the home.[1] Notable ethnic groups in the city are the Croatian community, who first came to the city in the 1850s[86] and with migration since World War II are now the largest Croatian community in Australia,[87] and the German settlers who founded Germantown (now Grovedale) in 1849 to escape repression in Prussia for their Lutheran faith.[88]

The 2006 Census found the most common religious affiliation in Geelong was Catholicism at 29.4%. St Mary of the Angels Basilica is the largest congregation in the city. Other affiliations of resident of Geelong include No Religion 20.5%, Anglican 14.6%, Uniting Church 7.9% and Presbyterian and Reformed at 4.3%.[1] The city has a large number of traditional Christian churches, as well as Orthodox Christian churches in the northern suburbs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Silly again.

Why are you constantly referring to where I live? Does that preclude me from being involved in this discussion?

Would you mind providing a list of the topics I am allowed to discuss, just to make things easier.

Or just ignore my posts and let me carry on my discussion with The Spanish and carry on your racist hatred with those that agree with you.

My point about the lady that lives opposite me was in relation to your assertion that "the Muslims are trouble". This is in my experience simply not true, and it also fuels the hatred between Islam and the west. This is true no matter what country you live in.

I am interested in one thing though (if I am allowed to ask a question from foreign soil).

How do you propose to solve the problem of radical Islam?
Do you think that Demonising the whole of Islam is counterproductive to bringing peace?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is where you live BF, so you are hardly an expert as to what is going on in the towns and cities of England.

You live in Sompting and have passing experience of other towns and cities around the UK. Are you really putting yourself forward as an expert in what is going on? especially with your websites of choice and clear prejudice against Muslims.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Anyway Badfish,
You quoted "Not sure if you are accusing me of idly sneering at Soulman and redhill Seagulls"

Then you quoted at a post reply to me "Many of your posts deserve nothing more than sneering"

Post what you like, it's a message board.

Your quote: "How do you propose to solve the problem of radical Islam?"
The problem should have been muted years ago in this country. The grooming which has been covered up and known about for over a decade, could/should have been nipped in the bud, not swept under the carpet so as not to annoy the religion that can not be annoyed. We have our own laws, the laws that other religions and cultures adhere and abide to. Sharia Law is fine in the Muslim countries, if that is what the people and culture want, but it should not be allowed to run in parallel with the laws in place in this country. Can you imagine the reaction if banners and people were shouting "Pakistani Soldiers Burn In Hell" and other racist bile was spouted in Pakistan, or an off duty soldier was killed and butchered in the street, bombs go off on transport etc. Then the people that opposed these events were arrested and fined and jailed, whilst the holders of the banners and hate speech got off scot free.
I actually think that the radical muslims, and the moderates who have the soundbites, but no real protest, are making race relations worse. Hopefully the majority of English people do not blame all the decent Asian people, the Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists etc, who are integrating, who live peacefully by the same laws as everyone else.
There was a programme on Channel 4 a while back, a West Indian gentlemen was doing a documentary in the West Midlands, it showed the Muslim youth fighting and hating the black West Indians, the same is happening in Croydon, no whites involved.
Why are these Muslims not classed as racists, and those that go and support them on the demos, called racists and fascists.
The West Indian reporter was hounded out of the area by the way.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You live in Sompting and have passing experience of other towns and cities around the UK. Are you really putting yourself forward as an expert in what is going on? especially with your websites of choice and clear prejudice against Muslims.

Not an expert, my opinion. I have more than a passing experience, i worked away from home for 8 years, which included Doncaster, Wigan, Manchester, Blackpool, Preston, Birmingham and 3 years in London. How long have you lived in Oz:?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

How would you know what the links from these websites contain, by your own admission your internet server blocks these links.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Anyway Badfish,
You quoted "Not sure if you are accusing me of idly sneering at Soulman and redhill Seagulls"

Then you quoted at a post reply to me "Many of your posts deserve nothing more than sneering"

Post what you like, it's a message board.

Your quote: "How do you propose to solve the problem of radical Islam?"
The problem should have been muted years ago in this country. The grooming which has been covered up and known about for over a decade, could/should have been nipped in the bud, not swept under the carpet so as not to annoy the religion that can not be annoyed. We have our own laws, the laws that other religions and cultures adhere and abide to. Sharia Law is fine in the Muslim countries, if that is what the people and culture want, but it should not be allowed to run in parallel with the laws in place in this country. Can you imagine the reaction if banners and people were shouting "Pakistani Soldiers Burn In Hell" and other racist bile was spouted in Pakistan, or an off duty soldier was killed and butchered in the street, bombs go off on transport etc. Then the people that opposed these events were arrested and fined and jailed, whilst the holders of the banners and hate speech got off scot free.
I actually think that the radical muslims, and the moderates who have the soundbites, but no real protest, are making race relations worse. Hopefully the majority of English people do not blame all the decent Asian people, the Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists etc, who are integrating, who live peacefully by the same laws as everyone else.
There was a programme on Channel 4 a while back, a West Indian gentlemen was doing a documentary in the West Midlands, it showed the Muslim youth fighting and hating the black West Indians, the same is happening in Croydon, no whites involved.
Why are these Muslims not classed as racists, and those that go and support them on the demos, called racists and fascists.
The West Indian reporter was hounded out of the area by the way.

All this describes your opinion of the problem. What I am asking you is: What is your solution to the problem?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not an expert, my opinion. I have more than a passing experience, i worked away from home for 8 years, which included Doncaster, Wigan, Manchester, Blackpool, Preston, Birmingham and 3 years in London. How long have you lived in Oz:?

10 years. But i really don't see the relevance of this on the topic. If you don't want to discuss it with me because you don't feel I am qualified to hold and opinion, then by all means don't .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All this describes your opinion of the problem. What I am asking you is: What is your solution to the problem?

I think i made it quite plain. Clampdown (it should have been done years ago) so that these people that are trying to bring unrest and violence to this country are stopped. As iv'e stated many times, we do not have this trouble with other religions and it is not fair on the people from all backgrounds that live peacefully here.
In other words, this government and the law should protect the peaceful majority, not pander to the minority that want to implement their laws and dismiss ours.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
10 years. But i really don't see the relevance of this on the topic. If you don't want to discuss it with me because you don't feel I am qualified to hold and opinion, then by all means don't .

10 years is how long the government and police have covered up the grooming's. Oxford, Oldham, Blackpool, Derby etc, all these cases are now coming out. More will come out in the coming months, known about for 10 years. Of course i will discuss it but, do you really research or read the news over here. Have you any idea what is going on in no go areas. It makes me smile when you get certain groups supporting the radicals, the Sharia zones of say Tower Hamlets states no gays, yet the UAF etc that support the radicals are pro gays......not a clue eh.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

You have lived in Oz for 10 years, pre 7/7, pre Sharia law courts (about 100 in the country) pre no go Sharia only areas..etc. Things have changed BF, Jordan is not the pin up girl anymore.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think i made it quite plain. Clampdown (it should have been done years ago) so that these people that are trying to bring unrest and violence to this country are stopped. As iv'e stated many times, we do not have this trouble with other religions and it is not fair on the people from all backgrounds that live peacefully here.
In other words, this government and the law should protect the peaceful majority, not pander to the minority that want to implement their laws and dismiss ours.

So you feel that Muslims are given preferential treatment by the government and do not receive the same punishments as other people?

There have been cases of grooming and paedophillia by Muslims who have gone unpunished for 10 years as you state in your last post. How is this different to the cases coming to light at the BBC currently which have gone unpunished for 25 years?

You must have some evidence that prove that Radical Muslim pedophiles are being let off or ignored because of their religion. I would need to see that evidence before I was prepared to believe that this was happening.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You have lived in Oz for 10 years, pre 7/7, pre Sharia law courts (about 100 in the country) pre no go Sharia only areas..etc. Things have changed BF, Jordan is not the pin up girl anymore.

And these Sharia courts, What exactly is your problem with them?

My understanding is that they are only in place for Muslim people to resolve disputes between Muslims who wish to use them. The sound more like mediators than courts to me. I don't get how they effect you in the slightest. Surely if that is how they want to resolve their disputes then they should be allowed to.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And these Sharia courts, What exactly is your problem with them?

My understanding is that they are only in place for Muslim people to resolve disputes between Muslims who wish to use them. The sound more like mediators than courts to me. I don't get how they effect you in the slightest. Surely if that is how they want to resolve their disputes then they should be allowed to.

If you live in a country all citizens need to be subject to the same judicial processes. I am sure someone will point out instances where this is not the case - but the general point stands. There was an interesting Panorama recently on these courts which showed some of the problems, particularly towards women who may not have wanted to be before the Sharia court, and straying into areas where they have no jurisdiction.

And on a previous posting I think you suggested that because there were white people involved in paedophile rings there was not a particular problem with some Asian men. It does not look that way from here. And it stems from an attitude that does not respect young white women.

I understand wanting to put some balance into a discussion - but there are issues that need to be recognised and addressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports