Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Blimmin muslins, coming over here and demanding, FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE, that our hard working...hang on...what's that ? A PIKEY !!!

In that case,

Blimmin gypsies, fetching up uninvited and BURYING THEMSELVES in a cemetary reserved for peace-loving war mongers.

Honestly, as an outraged but rather clueless right-wing buffoon, I'm not sure how to focus my indignation.

Barber out.

Great post :thumbsup:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
All religion is diabolical

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

D

Deleted member 22389

The shouts of Islamophobia are somewhat bizzarre - it was turned down because it was greenbelt land not because it was an application on behalf of Islam. With the details in that article I agree with the decision - we shouldn't be destroying greenbelt land just to bury dead people.

They are bizzarre.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
They expected to be buried next other Muslims, as they were obviously promised. They've every right to be upset, the council has ****ed it up.

No, read the article, no promises, and the multi faith cemetery was a bit of a clue when they decided to bury their loved one.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
They'll be virgins for a reason Soulman...........doubt anyone would want 72 of them. The only self proclaimed Virgin I can think of is Anne Widdecombe. An eternity of that ?

OK but how does this virgin thing work - do they just turn up at your door as they were when they died? That could be nice if they were suicide bombers.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The travelling family chose the plots specially to face their home (yeah me neither). They probably had a wander around with a council official who noted the plot numbers that fitted their purpose (very nice and helpful of him) but failed to account for the segregation within the multi faith cemetery (a balls up, but we've all made them).
This mistake only came to light when the plot was being prepared, whereupon the council acted swiftly to offer an appropriate resolution. This was rejected by the catholic family who proceeded with the burial knowing full well there would then be a dispute. Possession being 9/10ths of the law the dead whitey will stay where he is but just in case they have decided to rope in the media to portray this as Muslims being unreasonable and demanding special treatment, as opposed to travelers being unreasonable and doing what they want and expecting everyone else to make accommodations.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The travelling family chose the plots specially to face their home (yeah me neither). They probably had a wander around with a council official who noted the plot numbers that fitted their purpose (very nice and helpful of him) but failed to account for the segregation within the multi faith cemetery (a balls up, but we've all made them).
This mistake only came to light when the plot was being prepared, whereupon the council acted swiftly to offer an appropriate resolution. This was rejected by the catholic family who proceeded with the burial knowing full well there would then be a dispute. Possession being 9/10ths of the law the dead whitey will stay where he is but just in case they have decided to rope in the media to portray this as Muslims being unreasonable and demanding special treatment, as opposed to travellers being unreasonable and doing what they want and expecting everyone else to make accommodations.
Lots of if's and maybes and other assumptions in your post (basically you're frantically trying to make excuses for the unreasonable demands from the muslims) you also seem to struggle with the word UNSEGREGATED

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Thread title says it. Muslims (plural). So according the well rounded, well informed and un-biased views on NSC that means ALL Muslims now want to dig up graves if they don't like who their family are burried next to. Not an isolated event at all and by jove ALL muslims are to blame. It's political correctness gone mad!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
No, read the article, no promises, and the multi faith cemetery was a bit of a clue when they decided to bury their loved one.

Actually it's a bit of both because the Muslim family expected to be buried next to other Muslims and the Council confirmed that they had the complaint before the other man was buried but his family went ahead as planned because they paid thousands for the plot and he wanted to be buried next to his free, occupied land that his gypsy colony had, I mean home, sorry.

Sounds like the Council messed up and now we have everyone jumping on the 'let's blame the Muslims' brigade, even if it means we have to pretend to like Pikeys on this one...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not going to get angry unless this actually looked like happening, then I'll be throwing my toys out the pram. I would dig up their ****ing grave and shit in it if they moved my family. Ok, I may have got worked up a little earlier than I anticipated.

If they wanted to be 100% sure then they should not have buried their relative in a multi-denominational cemetery.
If their religion does have such strict burial rules then why are they not burying their relative on an Islamic burial side??
Without using their own area, of course some of them are going to end up next to a non believer. Idiots.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ironic that as a gypsy he was settled in one place for 20 years, a couple of days in his "final resting place" and he is getting moved on.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Lots of if's and maybes and other assumptions in your post (basically you're frantically trying to make excuses for the unreasonable demands from the muslims) you also seem to struggle with the word UNSEGREGATED

Yes there are many assumptions. £20 to remf says I'm right if the full story ever comes out.
I know what unsegregated means, but there are degrees of segregation and many multi faith cemeteries have some degree of segregation.
If the Muslim family buried their father in a Muslim section of the cemetery in good faith with the understanding that the remaining vacant plots before some form of break, such as a path, would also be filled by Muslims I fail to see how they are being unreasonable.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
On my mobile so could not look properly but had a shufti at the Burbage cemetery site. It had a pdf section on Muslim burial, though no special sections for other multi faiths. Could not open pdf to see what privileges the Muslim faith is afforded

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Crikey...With all the bad feeling towards live Muslims at the moment...I`m amazed that a dead Muslim can be worried about being buried 10 ft away from anyone...Can I book a grave 10ft away from Marilyn Monroe ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here