Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another piece of UKIP brilliance

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whatever you think about the Poster, there is no doubt that Eastern Europeans have stuffed the English Working Classes when it comes to taking jobs in certain areas. 20 years ago when I went to Boston in Lincolnshire to visit my wife's relatives there wasn't one Eastern European working the fields. Now there are thousands. Who has benefited from this? The Eastern Europeans who are prepared to work for minimum wage ? The bosses of the companies that run these massive agricultural companies? Consumers of vegetables all over the UK who have seen the prices kept low? Certainly not those who have historically lived and worked in the area.

But none of that matters or even needs to be discussed because a bloke appearing on a Poster is an Actor.....

Eastern Europeans stuffed the British working class?

And there was me thinking it was successive selfish governments eroding the manufacturing base and dismantling the unions. But it was those pesky workers from eastern Europe trying to get work all along.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All you anti-immigration, right wing, Tory lovers can thank your beloved Thatcher for the erosion of worker's rights. If she hadn't busted up the unions you working class lot wouldn't be in this mess now.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Whatever you think about the Poster, there is no doubt that Eastern Europeans have stuffed the English Working Classes when it comes to taking jobs in certain areas. 20 years ago when I went to Boston in Lincolnshire to visit my wife's relatives there wasn't one Eastern European working the fields. Now there are thousands. Who has benefited from this? The Eastern Europeans who are prepared to work for minimum wage ? The bosses of the companies that run these massive agricultural companies? Consumers of vegetables all over the UK who have seen the prices kept low? Certainly not those who have historically lived and worked in the area.

But none of that matters or even needs to be discussed because a bloke appearing on a Poster is an Actor.....

Sorry but are you blaming capitalism and globalization or eastern Europeans?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Eastern Europeans stuffed the British working class?

And there was me thinking it was successive selfish governments eroding the manufacturing base and dismantling the unions. But it was those pesky workers from eastern Europe trying to get work all along.

Sigh....

I said 'in certain areas' - Lincolnshire is historically a low wage agricultural area which had neither a manufacturing base nor unions to be dismantled. When a labour force comes along that will work for even less it is no great surprise what is going to happen, but it doesn't help those that can no longer find work.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sigh....

I said 'in certain areas' - Lincolnshire is historically a low wage agricultural area which had neither a manufacturing base nor unions to be dismantled. When a labour force comes along that will work for even less it is no great surprise what is going to happen, but it doesn't help those that can no longer find work.

Given that there is minimum wage legislation, how can the Poles and Lithuanians work for less than the locals?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
All you anti-immigration, right wing, Tory lovers can thank your beloved Thatcher for the erosion of worker's rights. If she hadn't busted up the unions you working class lot wouldn't be in this mess now.

This country would be bankrupt as we already had to go cap in hand to the IMF when Labour let the unions run riot in the 70's

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Unbelievable

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
6046652-large.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If a foreigner can arrive in this country, know nothing of the language, culture, laws and traditions and next day, take your job?

Then you are SH*T! -jimmy carr

Ripped off from Louis CK who in turn ripped it off from Doug Stanhope.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I work all over the EU, does that mean I'm stealing the jobs of Poles, Germans, Cypriots and the French?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I work all over the EU, does that mean I'm stealing the jobs of Poles, Germans, Cypriots and the French?

Nope, but the ignorance is total bliss at times regarding the EU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here