Yet another game without a goal for Barnes...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He's like a Danny Welbeck type player, often gets played out of position stuck out wide, and doesn't get enough goals, but is still effective and works hard.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A goal isn't included as a shot?

did I read that correctly? ???

Just gone through to check and it seems sometimes they have included a goal as a shot, sometimes they haven't. I've changed it where it's obvious.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And forest.

I don't think anyone would believe that for a second.

Barnes is an average Championship player, playing for an average Championship team (team, not club) - doing the best he can but not going to be playing a major role in a team pushing for promotion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Barnes is an average Championship player, playing for an average Championship team (team, not club) - doing the best he can but not going to be playing a major role in a team pushing for promotion.

Just been back and checked Andy Naylor's time line. I confused Forest enquiring for Bridcutt on the back of Palace's bid with one of burnley's three bids for Barnes.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I know it's not a queue but Burnley wanted him.

That was only a rumour and no definite bid made apparently.

They bid at least twice for him, as confirmed by Naylor.

Just been back and checked Andy Naylor's time line. I confused Forest enquiring for Bridcutt on the back of Palace's bid with one of burnley's three bids for Barnes.

The Argus reported on Aug 29 that Albion had rejected Burnley's first bid, with Barnes "well out of their price range". On Sep 2 Andy Naylor tweeted that Burnley had made 2nd and 3rd bids. Brian Owen subsequently reported that the final bid had been 500k.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didnt he assist for Lita on Saturday? If he did its as good as a goal. Keep playing well Barnsey.
I was going to say:-

'to think if he'd curled that beauty into the top corner, this thread wouldn't even exist'.

But on second thoughts:-

'Natural goal scorer Barnes wins us the game', would have had exactly the same effect.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
An anti-Barnes thread still would've cropped up even if he'd scored 2 and assisted 1.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The thread wouldn't exist if the OP had a brain either.

If you took a look at the OP's match ratings post, he gave Barnes a 6, which is his ACTUAL perception of performance.

He is an expert fisherman, you have been LANDED.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you took a look at the OP's match ratings post, he gave Barnes a 6, which is his ACTUAL perception of performance.

He is an expert fisherman, you have been LANDED.

It's amazing how starting a shit thread can be hailed as something rather special and amusing if you are mates with enough people on here. It's still a shit thread imo though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's amazing how starting a shit thread can be hailed as something rather special and amusing if you are mates with enough people on here. It's still a shit thread imo though.

And from a bloke who has a long history of irrationally hating Barnes, so it's not really :fishing:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I'd seen a recent post from Trigger with anything positive to say about Barnes or the club I'd accept it was a wind up. As it is I believe him to be a serial moaner, is that ok with you?

You don't need my approval to believe anything. I was trying to be helpful by saying don't get wound up by posts from someone who likes to post wind up threads.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Weren't we pushing for promotion over the last two seasons?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports