Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another game without a goal for Barnes...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So who in your opinion is playing well recently, bearing in mind no-one turned up for Bournemouth except a moment of genius from Barnes, and probably only Conway came out with any credit against Barnsley?

I agree Conway is playing really well (at long last). Ince is my pick of recent top performers, inexplicably dropped re Barnsley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this the thread to suggest that Ward is the most unsung hero of the campaign so far? Not Wayne Bridge but solid and almost goes unmentioned in the slagging off or praising of players.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Also he was very good after he scored the penalty against Blackburn.

I agree with that too. 'After' being the key word, but credit where credit due.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm still amazed at the negativity towards Ash. His work rate is immense, and he's had to be the front man, solo, for most of the season.
For Conways goal on Saturday, it was his great intervention, robbing the Leic player and laying off to SD, that led to the goal.

Absolutely this. Won a 50/50 in our own half that went straight to SD then continued his run down the right to draw defenders away from Conway. So involved in all three goals. Not that they count as we'd actually been possessed by a Witch Doctor for 90% of the Leicester game. Or something.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is this the thread to suggest that Ward is the most unsung hero of the campaign so far? Not Wayne Bridge but solid and almost goes unmentioned in the slagging off or praising of players.

Good call. Suffers from the 'tough act to follow' syndrome.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Stephen Ward has been fantastic. Very, very consistent player. Like a better version of Painter, with a tadge more pace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ladbrokes agree:

[tweet]724178063853031424[/tweet]
So if you bet on a team to win the league, or get promoted, do they work out that you wouldn't have gone up without the penalty goals, so they don't pay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here