Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another game without a goal for Barnes...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Every time I see a thread about Barnes it's always the same old crap.
Simple fact is a strikers job is to actually put the ball into the net, that's it, he doesn't score goals so he shouldn't be in the team, simple, why complicate the debate?

You're a fool.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Bloody hell, I was treating this thread with a mild neglect like it deserved, but it's turning into a bell end magnet!

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Sometimes I wonder where all the pro Barnes ppl actually come from, in all the time I've been going to matches I've not found anyone who thinks he's up to the job, proberbly coz he ain't

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Not a Barnes fan never have been so if we can get some reasonable money for him in the window then great. We never play 2 up top and he isn't good enough to play there on his own in the championship. A very good League 1 player imho. Its all well and good saying he worked his socks off and held the ball up well, he is a striker and should be judged on goals scored end of

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yet another thread from a poster who only seems interested in posting negative player comments or sniping at the club, I wonder why Trigger wastes his time following a club who irritate him all the time.

I can't be bothered to get involved in the Barnes debate any more. Haters and lovers aren't going to change their mind, so it's all a bit pointless.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Every time I see a thread about Barnes it's always the same old crap.
Simple fact is a strikers job is to actually put the ball into the net, that's it, he doesn't score goals so he shouldn't be in the team, simple, why complicate the debate?

Thank goodness you're not a football manager. Unbelievably oversimplified way of looking at it. Why exactly do you think Heskey got (correctly) picked by England manager after England manager? For his GOALS? :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I wear shades most of the time, even inside. You see that's how ROCK & ROLL Kosh is. Indeed when I (Kosh) watch the Albion he (that's me) wears black out shades, as such Barnes evokes a master class of soccerdom each and every time he performs for this Albion o' mine. By mine I mean thine and Kosh too, let's be clear on that point.

Kosh

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bloody hell, I was treating this thread with a mild neglect like it deserved, but it's turning into a bell end magnet!

Which explains your arrival!?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People can get their knickers in a twist all they like. We won, that's the most important thing, no doubt. But the fact remains Barnes started up front as the main striker and yet again he failed to score a goal. That's none in 11 games I believe. Lita is unfit and has 1 in less the 45mins.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
People can get their knickers in a twist all they like. We won, that's the most important thing, no doubt. But the fact remains Barnes started up front as the main striker and yet again he failed to score a goal. That's none in 11 games I believe. Lita is unfit and has 1 in less the 45mins.

Fact.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

No goals in 16 league appearances if you include last season.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
It must be pushing a THOUSAND minutes of football since his last goal. If we had any other fit options he would have been dropped long ago, he has just been quite lucky that all our other strikers have been crocked and suspended for so long. When he does eventually get dropped, and probably moved on in the summer, he can't have any complaints he hasn't been given enough chances. He's twenty four now, can anybody really see any signs that he is about to develop into a Championship striker good enough to fire us up? People bang on about him needing someone to play up alongside him, but that isn't the system we play - and Ashley Barnes CERTAINLY isn't a good enough player to alter your formation and style of play to accommodate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stupid thread. We all know if Ulloa and CMS were fit they'd be starting, Ash isn't a Championship striker but could be effective in a 4-3-3 with those guys, tracking back to cover the left side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here