On FL show. 35 mins in or thereabouts.

That is all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WAS Barnes offside for the 1st goal?? Clough seemed pretty convinced he was

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Oh. Already being organized, I had recorded. Which is just as well as my Internet service has gone down in my area over night. Oh ..... Wait, bollocks I have bloody forgotten so I can't even download it. :(

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
WAS Barnes offside for the 1st goal?? Clough seemed pretty convinced he was

Having watched iplayer, I think he probably was. Maybe the comments about the ref trying to even it up, having probably seen the goal at half time, may explain the officials apparent bias towards Derby in the second half.

Good second goal and pretty slick training ground goal by Derby

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
If Barnes was offside (and its a big if) it's luck we are overdue with decisions.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Barnes was offside (and its a big if) it's luck we are overdue with decisions.

I don't disagree I was just wondering if the ref became a bit bias to Derby in the 2nd half because of it. His decision making looked very suspect to me.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't disagree I was just wondering if the ref became a bit bias to Derby in the 2nd half because of it. His decision making looked very suspect to me.

Yep. It seems to be the way they fix their karma these days. I'm not sure it was just the Barnes goal that prompted it though. There were two or three odd call 1 st half.

Dec 29, 2011
offside.png

Hard to tell, seems in line with the ball from that angle.

Dec 29, 2011
One foot on the line, the defenders are all behind it? I'd say off but hey ho.

But the ball is going backwards, which means it's not off. Here's one with a line across where Barnes is, the ball is infront of the line so I'd say conclusive proof he's onside.

offside1.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good second goal
Why isn't a lovely passing move, culminating in a pin point first time cross, directly onto Orlandi's head, a Tikka Takka (sp) goal.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The ball definitely went forward a little from Spanish Dave as Barnes was basically on the line when he tapped it in. Looks in front of the defenders= off.

Ah. I see the problem... you dont understand the offside rule

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This really isn't that difficult. Barnes is not ahead of the ball, therefore he is onside. Where the defenders are, whether the ball was moving forward or backwards etc all irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports