Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yes I know it's another Poyet thread, paper makes reference to Ulloa and Bridcut

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looked very ordinary in one of the games I saw him, Villarreal? :down:

I find the complete shutdown of info on his injury quite strange as well, or have I missed an announcement?

They all looked ordinary against Villareal. They really were a class above us.

Agree on the injury news though. Seems to just keep dragging on.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
This is just a journalist coming to very simple conclusions.

But to humour him, even throughout last season I expected that had we not been promoted by the end of this season Briductt would go in the summer and with everyones blessing. Obviously when everything blew-up with Poyet I had a suspicion he may have gone during the last transfer window...But he has stayed.

Now, I am not actually that bothered as we have the emergence of Ince. With Andrews also here for the year I like to think he can have the same impact on Ince's game that Kishishev had on Bridcutt's.

So losing Liam would not be such a huge blow...Ulloa on the other hand...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah I know that, but at the time he would have thought that that could well have been his last day at the Amex, and it looked like he thought it was, and it could well have been.

Bloody Fulham, flaffing about eh? :wink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It would not surprise me if before the end of the last season, maybe in March, Gus may have been discussing with some players about moving with him if he managed to get a Prem job, which would have naturally been a concern of the club. If this was the case it would have made sense for the club to suspend Gus with a gagging order and to not contact any players or staff.

Mm, Gus discussing a move to players based on a future move for himself, surely that would be gross misconduct ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When people value Ulloa, they need to IGNORE what we paid for him (£2m was an absolute BARGAIN) and value him based on

A> We don't NEED to sell him.
B> He's on a LONG contract.
C> How much time/cost would have to go into replacing him with similar quality.

I would estimate that would all come to around £8-10m. Be silly to sell him for less unless we happen to have a brilliant signing ready to put pen to paper.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I find the complete shutdown of info on his injury quite strange as well, or have I missed an announcement?

He has an aggravated pubic bone. Should be back in training in a couple of weeks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Looked very ordinary in one of the games I saw him, Villarreal? :down:

Back training in two weeks. Source? Taken from the horses' mouth on Saturday, just after he'd got the Player of the Season award.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Back training in two weeks. Source? Taken from the horses' mouth on Saturday, just after he'd got the Player of the Season award.

Good, but I seem to remember him saying exactly the same to someone who asked him about a month ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good point - Sunderland are a bit short in goal after selling Mingnolet as well.

Kieran Westwood has been their best player this season, and they also have Vito Mannone, so they are not really struggling there. However, a lot of what Gus does, relies on having a keeper who is comfortable with the ball retention at the back, so if the two he has don't take to it, then it's a possibility.

FWIW I don't think Tomasz likes it much either. For all his faults, Ankergren was much calmer with the ball at his feet.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kieran Westwood has been their best player this season, and they also have Vito Mannone, so they are not really struggling there. However, a lot of what Gus does, relies on having a keeper who is comfortable with the ball retention at the back, so if the two he has don't take to it, then it's a possibility.

FWIW I don't think Tomasz likes it much either. For all his faults, Ankergren was much calmer with the ball at his feet.

I think it safe to say that is weakest part of Koosh's game, in fact I can't imagine many Premier League keepers can be much worse. Casper is absolute quality with the ball at his feet imo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Casper is absolute quality with the ball at his feet imo.

This - comfortably his best attribute. One of the few goalies I've ever seen who actually controls and passes a ball like an outfield player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it safe to say that is weakest part of Koosh's game, in fact I can't imagine many Premier League keepers can be much worse. Casper is absolute quality with the ball at his feet imo.

Casper started out as an outfield player, and it shows.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I wouldn't mind losing Bridcutt at this stage, he's barely played all season anyway and if he's not going to sign a new contract we may as well sell him in January, especially if this season is a 'write -off'. We can then use those funds to put towards two or three for the next season, sign them up in Jan, embed them into the squad, and be raring to go in August.

Ulloa on the other hand, Gus can do one, huge contract with us and we don't need to sell them both.

We really need to be looking at which players are OOC in the summer, e.g Spanish Dave, and look at getting replacements in January so they have a few months to bed in, as opposed to letting them go in June and then scrambling around for bargain players who no one else wants.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I noticed when those who stayed after the semi's to clap in appreciation of players, all of the players clapped the fans in return except Bridcutt, he seemed to be very noticably waving goodbye.

So we've been paying him for the last 5 months for no reason?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here